Yakball Concepts

raysox

What are the ties to vancouver in that logo other than the similar color of the canucks? I always like to see what pieces you take and incorporate into the logo. I didn't know that Exibition secondary was based on a flag until you mentioned it. I just thought it was a cool stylelized "T".

Blue and green are the unofficial colors of the whole Pacific Northwest my dude...

bYhYmxh.png

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the ties to vancouver in that logo other than the similar color of the canucks? I always like to see what pieces you take and incorporate into the logo. I didn't know that Exibition secondary was based on a flag until you mentioned it. I just thought it was a cool stylelized "T".

Blue and green are the unofficial colors of the whole Pacific Northwest my dude...

Ahhh okay thanks.

I've really enjoyed all your work here raysox but it seems lately you've been borrowing heavily from regional teams when you started out with some fantastic, original ideas. That's not to say they're not good but there is a big difference between the amount of creativity seen between Sporting LA (my favorite) and Patrie Montreal (vice versa)

Midway.png

Yeah, I hear that. If i had to say, Patrie is my least favorite so far, and I might rebrand later.

What I'm trying to do is connect the teams with similar teams covering multiple sports. I mean, Seattle/Phoenix/Minnesota/Chicago/New York/Boston/DC/Caolina/Tampa all use similar color schemes as the teams in their city. I get that there is a difference, but still.

I did redo a few last time, so I'll reevaluate those ones inparticular.

I'll also post Vancouver later. The color scheme is the same as the Canucks, but that might be it.

Yeah, I hear that. If i had to say, Patrie is my least favorite so far, and I might rebrand later.

What I'm trying to do is connect the teams with similar teams covering multiple sports. I mean, Seattle/Phoenix/Minnesota/Chicago/New York/Boston/DC/Caolina/Tampa all use similar color schemes as the teams in their city. I get that there is a difference, but still.

I did redo a few last time, so I'll reevaluate those ones inparticular.

I'll also post Vancouver later. The color scheme is the same as the Canucks, but that might be it.

I LOVED the Patrie concept...but whatever you decide, I'm cool with...

bYhYmxh.png

I just feel like I can redo the logos!

Vancouver Reign

I originally had a logo that was a triangle, like Empire NYC, and a crown on the top. I really wasn't feeling it, and so I looked up an old soccer concept and used that crest. I changed the volleyball(which WOULD be fitting) to a V for Vancouver, and decided to use it as a motif. I used the colors from the skating Johnny Canuck logo because they look SO good together, and it ties to the city.

Vancouver.png

Simple jerseys, I did the V on the front with the lines coming from it. It was sort of an homage to the Canucks' V jerseys, but I thought of that after I came up with the idea

VancouverUnis.png

Great series so far, I'm enjoying it.

I feel like the Reign logo looks nice, but is a bit generic. It looks vaguely similar to some of the other Canadian teams. Loving the kits, though, very nice incorporation of the V logo!

Overall yet another solid concept.

ScreenShot2012-05-28at102740PM-1.jpg

YNWA

To each their own, I guess.

Ottawa 1867

Here is another team I brought back from my soccer series, because I liked the logo too much. Canada became a country in 1867, the capital is Ottawa, so it was fitting I thought. I did have Black/Red/Pewter, but dropped it because white makes a better identity. The logos are simple, I guess.

Ottawa.png

I kept the same jerseys too, basically. I did a chest wrap around in black and red, and tried to tie it to other teams in the city. I alternated the adidas stripes, and went for simplicity with this whole set.

OttawaUnis.png

The last two look great.

I like the logo for Vancouver, but I love the design on the jerseys. Looks really sharp. My only complaint would be that the navy seems unnecessary, since it's only found on the road numbers and shorts

Ottawa looks really good as well. Both logos are sharp, and I like the simplicity of the unis. The wordmark font is really nice, also. My only suggestion would be to thicken the black stroke on the right side of the maple leaf to match the stroke on the rest of the leaf.

The navy in Vancouver's set should stay. It works well as an accent without detracting from the main colors and they're not the Canucks.

Ottawa looks great here, and imho embodies the best qualities found in a clean, traditional uniform set.

Great stuff!

Midway.png

I think you just missed the mark on the jerseys. That secondary would make a great crest. (**) (**) (**) (**) (*.5)

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Only change I would make to Ottawa is to change the sponsor, so that the three stripes on the shorts can become the two from the logos.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Updated Ottawa's outline and O logo

Winnipeg Aggies

I really couldn't think of a nickname for this team. I looked at a bunch of names, like Falcons and Moose, but didn't want the same one as a hockey team. Aggies was suggested in a later post, and I liked it enough to choose it! I went in the direction based off of this concept . I loved it too much and figured it would work. Manitoba is a plains province, so the wheat and farming theme works. Honestly, there was no reason behind this concept. I just liked it.

Winnipeg.png

I went with a brand Canada is well familiar with, reebok, for WYC. I tried to do modern strokes and designs based off of other reebok soccer designs. Originally I had a white jersey instead of a tan jersey. I quickly threw that away, and did the tan colored jersey.

WinnipegUnis.png

Winnipeg is great! I know some people were saying that Canada wasn't as creative as the US and I agree with them, but this is the right direction. The color combination is very creative and liked the use of Agriculture in the logo. I think that a nickname would add to the creativity though. Aggies, Prairie Dogs, Harvesters, Cropdusters. I know all those names stink but think along that track and you'll find a really cool nickname

Winnipeg is great! I know some people were saying that Canada wasn't as creative as the US and I agree with them, but this is the right direction. The color combination is very creative and liked the use of Agriculture in the logo. I think that a nickname would add to the creativity though. Aggies, Prairie Dogs, Harvesters, Cropdusters. I know all those names stink but think along that track and you'll find a really cool nickname

Winnipeg Prairie has a nice ring.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Winnipeg Prairie has a nice ring.

Winnipeg Prairiemen?

Midway.png

Archived