Yakball Concepts

raysox

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it but it just feels overly detailed compared to your other works. Not that its a bad thing, just an observation. Overall nice work.

Edit: i saw you went with the "M" leaf i suggested for Montreal...it looks good!

I mean I do to! But it does need to be simplified even more!

Some updates

Rapid Saskatchewan- Logo almost done, still tweaking. Green/black/silver

Calgary- Home jerseys done. Calgary Flames' Heritage Classic type look, no name yet!

Edmonton Barons- Pewter/royal blue/black, just started

Victoria- Name might not work, logo needs work, colors set. Maroon/Light blue

London- NEED SUGGESTIONS

Calgary - Equestrian YC (a tie-in to the Calgary Stampede)

Victoria - Victoria Totems (unique name, all in the crest)

London - London Foresters YC (Forest City, I thought "Foresters" should go in somewhere)

bYhYmxh.png

Woah I've only just found this thread (don't know what rock I've been hiding under...). These concepts are pure awesomeness wrapped in sheer brilliance.

Everything is just amazing and well executed. I don't think I could pick a favourite, but IX Counties, the Aggies and Exhibition certainly stand out for me.

Well done sir, I doff my hat to you.

BTW that circular bracket thing is genius!

6893352392_587cf4e9eb_n.jpg

Thanks! I like having this be an underground. I have a great following by the guys who post on this thread, and every once and a while someone opens this thread and discover my work. It's really great.

After this league, I'm thinking about doing an Olympic/World cup series on a different thread. Stay tuned!

As usual, this is great work...

my two cents on the Voyageurs is that the Secondary is too simple, even boring...

and I highly doubt Desjardins would ever allow their logo in blue... it's green on white, or white on green..

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

This entire thread... :blink: Wow!

tumblr_m39d6xKWqU1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Only thing that bothers me is that I can't figure out why you abbreviate Quebec as "QB".

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Can't believe I've missed out on this so far. There's a lot to like, especially the Labradors concept. I love the simple black and white scheme, and the simplicity of the entire identity in general.

And that's what I think is needed for the Quebec concept. You've done some simplifying, but I think you should push it as far as you can while still maintaining the look and feel of the inspiration.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

It's obviously your decision but I would like to see you do a few more national leagues, becuse we've all seen US and Canada concepts but I don't think I ever seen an fictional european league on these boards. Of you don't want to do one for many countries, I'd suggest doing a champions league from Europe and maybe Asia/Oceania instead.

I wouldn't totally redo Exhibition. That one is one of my favorites. Labradors also one of the best yet, only complaint is that I feel like the Voyageurs crest could be a little more simple, more similar to the other crests in the canadian league

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

The far right logo is better. Id say add the "crown" back but just remove the detail lines and you would have it. I liked the original it just needed some modernization and less detail lines. You got the modern part so just add a less detailed crown and this new logo is easily one of the best in my opinion.

With education and research being the core of London's economy... I just always liked the idea of Owls for education--if not in the name, then in the logo?

rATMcmK.png

Archived