Yakball Concepts

raysox

I'm loving it, but one problem: Victoria's lightning bolt sorta blends in with the V itself. Have you considered integrating the bolt into the V itself? Like a much better version of this, without the D of course and in the correct colors:

Desertvistahighschool.png

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys! So I've been trying to do a lot with this project, non concept wise.

Question is, after I tackle a few projects, would you like to see another league done? Some things I had in mind were to finally name leagues, and then just expand. I'm almost 100% sure the next league would be the UK/Ireland. Then some other European league.

But yeah voice opinions, and follow on twitter @YakballAssoc.

UK/Ireland next for sure, but then a general Middle Easterm League might be cool (especially Israeli teams)

The Kathmandu Yaks? Get on that!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

So much support! We're actually going to make tshirts and stuff for the sport soon. Also, the template is in the first post if you wanted to do concepts.

Here are the 16 teams in the UK/Ireland league if you guys wanted to suggest. Also I'm open for a name. Premier Yakball League or something

London(o2)

London(Wembley)

Leeds

Liverpool

Birmingham

Manchester

Sheffield

Newcastle

Nottingham

Cardiff

Glasgow

Aberdeen

Edinburgh

Belfast

Dublin

Dublin

I want one team in Dublin to be named the Harps and be gold and black. Both teams there will be sponsored by guiness.

[London(o2) - City United: White with red highlights

London(Wembley) - Wanderers: Black, Red, Blue and white

Leeds - Sparrows: Yellow, ??

Liverpool - Mariners: Red, ??

Birmingham - Hammers: ??

Manchester - Mayhem: Red and Sky Blue.

Sheffield - Steelers: Silver, purple and Gold

Newcastle - Tynne Yakball Club: Green, Black and Orange

Nottingham - Sheriffs: Black and Orange

Cardiff - Tardis,as in Dr Who it is where it is filmed now: Dark Blue and white

Glasgow - Green: Fluro Green, Dark Green and white.

Aberdeen - Highlanders: Red, green Blue.

Edinburgh - Tattoo or Castles

Belfast - Seahorses: Blue and Gold

Dublin - Ath Cliath: Light Blue and Dark Blue little hat thing on A in Ath Ath Cliath is the Gaelic name for Dublin.

Dublin - Harps

Most of thes i tried to stay similar to Soccer some are out there

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Olympic Chariots (a tribute to Britain's success in the 1924 Olympics, depicted in the movie Chariots of Fire)

Beefeater YC (Wembley's team-the Tower of London guards are popularly known as "Beefeaters," plus I just thought it sounded cool)

Leeds Golden Owls (two owls adorn the city crest, and two golden owls adorn the top of the Civic Hall)

Liverpool Four (a double entendere as Yakball is four-a-side and Liverpool natives the Beatles were known as the Fab Four)

YC Workshop (Birmingham was known for several workshops practicing several trades)

Mancunian Millers (Manchester was HUGE on cotton mills)

Sheffield Alloyance (what Pittsburgh is to the USA and Hamilton is to Canada, Sheffield is to Britain. An alloy is steel in which another element has been added to harden said steel, "Alloyance" is a play on that word and on "alliance")

Geordies of the Toon ("Toon" is a nickname for Newcastle, a "Geordie" is a nickname for somebody from there)

Nottingham Sheriffs (named after Robin Hood's arch-nemesis)

Cardiff Daleks (Per Fumbler's suggestion. And FWIW, "EXTERMINATE!" would be the best sporting chant ever)

Harbour Glaswegian (in essence, Glasgow is a port city by the River Clyde, which suprred its growth from a hamlet to Scotland's largest city)

Aberdeen Roughnecks YC (tribute to oil industry)

Unicorn Thistle YC (Scotland's national animal and flower-fitting for Edinburgh's team)

Belfast Seahorses (city crest)

Harper YC (That's the Dublin team with the "harp" theme you wanted)

Poblacht Tríonóide ("Poblact" means Republic-homage to this being the Republic of Ireland's team, and Tríonóide means "Trinity"-St. Patrick famously used a shamrock to explain Christianity's belief in the Holy Trinity)

bYhYmxh.png

London(o2)Lions [moved from Wembley since you are liking Wanderers for that]

London(Wembley)

Leeds Canalmen

Liverpool Mariners [seconding fumbler]

Birmingham Steel YC

Manchester Machine

Sheffield Miners

Newcastle

Forest YC [Nottingham]

Cardiff Corgis

Glasgow

Aberdeen Pipers

Edinburgh Apollos [arts and education centre]

Belfast Shipwrights

Dublin Harps

Dublin

I'll think of more later.

[London(o2) -City United: White with red highlights

London(Wembley) - Wanderers: Black, Red, Blue and white

Leeds - Sparrows: Yellow, ??

Liverpool - Mariners: Red, ??

Birmingham - Hammers: ??

Manchester - Merseysiders: Red, light Blue and yellow

Sheffield - Steelers:Silver, purple and Gold

Newcastle -

Nottingham - Sheriffs: Black and Orange

Cardiff - Tardis,as in Dr Who it is where it is filmed now: Dark Blue and white

Glasgow - Green: Fluro Green, Dark Green and white.

Aberdeen - Highlanders: Red, green Blue.

Edinburgh - Tattoo or Castles

Belfast - Seahorses: Blue and Gold

Dublin - Ath Cliath: Light Blue and Dark Blue little hat thing on A in Ath Ath Cliath is the Gaelic name for Dublin.

Dublin - Harps

Most of thes i tried to stay similar to Soccer some are out there

Surely this is a joke?

I would also second the names for Sheffield and Nottingham as they are great links to the identity of the city.

As for Liverpool, committing to either red or blue would probably alienate the other half of the city. Liverpool/Everton Rivalry.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived