Yakball Concepts

raysox

I like both, the correct would be: Odisséia Lisboa or Odisséia de Lisboa and Dragões do Porto (not de, in this case use do)

Sorry about that...I don't speak Portuguese and was only guessing at the proper accents and form of de/do. Can I ask why one is "de" and the other "do?" I'm assuming one is masculine and the other feminine, but the linguist in me needs to be certain.

It's ok, I just wanted to correct for raysox to get it right, but it's like you said, do is masculine but de isn't exactly feminim, I see it like the feminim for places (like Paris, Madrid, we use de) but the feminim is da, that we also use to refer some places. It has no rules, just changes place to place, for Lisbon we would use de Lisboa for example.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two clubs for you all today!

Club Alpino Torino

Burmy suggested name that I liked, and the crest takes after the crest of Torino. The current one has a yellow bull and a crown on top of the crest. I replaced the crown with a mountain similar to Denver. I tried to make a modern bull looking at some examples from guys like Davidson, but made it my own. Also, I put a sublimated mountain on the field!

Torino_zps4870979f.png

I did a yellow band running across the chest that stands out on a blue background. The white sock on the blue set is like what Chelsea has, so it can work. Everything matches with logo color and such, so I ended up really liking this concept.

TorinoUnis_zps3a6c958a.png

Hey Raysox, do you have a MS Paint compatible version of your template? I'd like to make some Yakball CIS concepts, and don't have access to Photoshop or Illustrator. And great job on the Torino uniforms, love the colour scheme, would like to see a black clash if possible however.

On the bright side, everybody has brought life into this otherwise-moribund sub-forum.

Two comments, raysox:

1. I think the uniforms are absolutely gorgeous. Some of the best work you've ever done.

2. I'm not so sure about that secondary logo. I think the bull works fine inside of the crest, but on its own, there's something about it that bothers me. I can't put my finger on what it is, though.

EDIT: While I'm going to leave my comment up, I'm retracting. Looking at the bull now on my home computer...bellissimo.

sport-scarf_devils_zps117fda40.png

BEAUTIFUL. Proud to have suggested the name...the gold mountains and the bull work together SO well! The jerseys are awesome too.

Orange MediLega works so well for the league name too...can't wait to see what's up next today!

bYhYmxh.png

I really like this one. I was expecting a Juventus-zebra striped brand but I was pleasantly surprised by this. I personally, think the bull is fine as a secondary logo and jerseys are cool too.

I know you are probably busy with the MediLeague, but it would be cool to see all of the logos from each league on like a poster or something. Something like what you have on the first page but more extensive, like some of the derby posters you've made.

Avant Lyonnais

Another Burmy suggestion, this time for Lyon. I went with a color scheme I haven't really used that much in red and navy. I threw in gold for good measure, too. The Lyon comes from the OL logo. I put it on a roundel and thought it looked really good.

Lyon_zps5ea626d0.png

The kits are adidas, with a touch of the Portland Timbers. I did a darker shade on one side and sleeve and made a pattern. I did big cuffs to balance the opposite colors on the red and navy.

LyonUnis_zpsc22427e1.png

Next is up in the air, I'm thinking Valencia, but who knows.

Wow. I hope you look at that too and see the amazing things you have accomplished and are continuing to do. It's really awesome and is probably up top for the best series in quality and quantity in CCSLC History.

The Lyon concept looks good too. It's simple but the simplicity works for the team.

I love almost everything about Avant...it pops really well. One issue, though: I know the lion is the symbol of Lyon (obviously), and I know that in heraldry, lions always face to the left...but it bothers me that a team whose name means "forward" has its logo facing left. I can get past it (because it's so awesome otherwise), but it bugs me a teeny tiny bit.

but it bothers me that a team whose name means "forward" has its logo facing left. I can get past it (because it's so awesome otherwise), but it bugs me a teeny tiny bit.

But from the lion's perspective he is going forward. :upside::P

Fair enough. I realize that it's the nitpick to end all nitpicks, but it was bothering me.

Avant Lyonnais' whole identity is AMAZING too! Everything works together so well...

PS: Also like how you have the Orange MediLeague in whatever language the team's playing in. (Valencia's language is Catalan, so would it be "Orange MediLliga?")

bYhYmxh.png

Archived