Yakball Concepts

raysox

Yeah I mean, I love seeing this thread on the first page again, but I've got nothing to add. The dream is dead and I'msad about it. 2 years ago they tore down the wall we played yakball on, and there isn't anywhere to play in Tallahassee. Like i get sad it dies, but it's cool as hell that I made my own sport and it spun off tons of threads, but I don't see myself ever doing this series again. Just cause, what's the point, you know? I did think about it last week, but I have too many things I want to do concept wise.

Alsothat reminds me, I should delete some messages.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I mean, I love seeing this thread o the first page again, but I've got nothing to add. The dream is dead and I'msad about it. 2 years ago they tore down the wall we played yakball on, and there isn't anywhere to play in Tallahassee. Like igetsad it dies, but it's cool as hell that I made my own sport and it spun off tons of threads, but I don't see myself ever doing this series again. Just cause, what's the point, you know? I did think about it last week, but I have too many things I want to do concept wise.

Alsothat reminds me, I should delete some messages.

;( sorry about the wall. Yes you are right. It is cool as hell. Looking forward to your other concepts, and congrats on the Creamer Hall of Fame!

Sorry for the inconvenience

Fear the future, envy the past

• 3 weeks later...

Love these

yeah, WTF man? you have 5 posts, and at least 3 of which are bumping old threads for no real reason. You may be new to all of this, but trust me. If you stay around long enough to be considered a regular, or at least not a newbie... you will understand. The first page of the concepts section is for new projects, trending projects, and people wanting c&c.

NOT YOU!!!!!!

tinysig.jpg

• 1 year later...
On February 19, 2012 at 8:31 PM, raysox said:

Ah thanks everyone, even you spammer.

I see a few things I can fix with my logos on a few of them, so I will update a few after I get through the 16 teams. Oh, and the Dallas logo is suppose to be a ribbon type thing. So the 3 parts going up from left to right are connected by the darker color bar that runs behind them.

Houston Supernovas

I'll skip Atlanta, because I'm really excited about this one. Someone mentioned the name, and I thought there could be something I could work off of. A supernova is the strongest force in the universe, so the name really would work. That, and they would be Yakball's version of the Sonics. So I didn't want to use black again in the state of Texas, so this concept was predominantly purple. Then, instead of being cliche, I used a burnt orange color instead of yellow. I used a Juventes like oval, and tried to make it dynamic. I got the script and every thing, then I had to fill the empty SPACE. Great pun on my part. First I just tried to make an explosion looking thing. Then, I thought I could have some meaning behind it. There is 13 points in each spike thing, for Apollo 13. Then, in the middle, I used black, because a supernova explosion causes black holes. Pretty cool on my part.

Houston.png

This might be one of my favorites. I wanted something cool and modern. So I did some unbalanced designs. The left arm would be a different color than the rest, with colored swooshes boxing in the front area. I THOUGHT about putting stars and stuff on the purple, but I thought that was too gimmicky.

HoustonUnis.png

Names still needed for Tampa, LA, Phoenix, Seattle, DC, and Philly.

Fact #1: Apollo 13 launched sometime in the 1960s @ 1:13 PM; due to a malfunction on the shuttle, it did NOT land on the moon.

Fact #2: A black hole has a gravitational pull so strong, not even light escape it.

Fact #3: Within a black hole is a perfect sphere of pure blackness; this is called an event horizon.  In it, time and space are warped.  The only way to escape an event horizon is by going back in time, which is impossible.

12 hours ago, tetris1983 said:

Fact #1: Apollo 13 launched sometime in the 1960s @ 1:13 PM; due to a malfunction on the shuttle, it did NOT land on the moon.

Fact #2: A black hole has a gravitational pull so strong, not even light escape it.

Fact #3: Within a black hole is a perfect sphere of pure blackness; this is called an event horizon.  In it, time and space are warped.  The only way to escape an event horizon is by going back in time, which is impossible.

The last comment was more than a year ago, did you really feel the need to bump this to the first page correcting something from 2012. Dude, it's been more than 4 years. Why would raysox correct it now?

Archived