Yakball Concepts

raysox

Welp.

Tampa Bay Tridents

This concept was heavily based on the Lightning's logo. The arena is filled with royal blue color, so I wanted to keep it in the arena. I did try for a dynamic looking logo, with a trident instead of a bolt. I figured, as a tie in to the Area, the weapon of the God of the ocean was fitting. If you think that it wouldn't fit in with the soccer logos, go check out VfL Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga. The font is called Kirsty, and I felt matched the theme. The alternate logo is a TB inside the circles from the primary. I wanted simplicity! Every logo could also be in blue like my sig.

TampaBay.png

For the jerseys, I went for simplicity. You might notice that it is heavily influenced by the Lightning. I put victory stripes in the armpit area because it's a great idea. If you don't know, the original ones on the Lightning jerseys were put there because you'd only see them when the player's arms were raised after scoring, or while lifting the cup. I decided to go no sponsor on the jersey, so put a large Trident in the middle. The clash is a white version of the home! Oh! The socks match the victory stripes.

TampaBayUnis.png

How's that? Philly's logo is on the map, if you're interested.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Tridents look nice. I like how you tied their identity in with the Lightning. The Batallion look great as well, especially with the unconventional color scheme. Also, by looking at your map, I'm excited to see all of the other teams.

spacer.png

Philadelphia Battalion

This was one of the color schemes I really wanted to use. I just didn't have a name, or a logo idea. Someone suggestion Battalion, and I thought that was actually a really good idea. I thought of the Keystone, and KNEW that is what I wanted to use. I modified the shape slightly, and made it look sort of 3 dimensional. I made a cannon for the bottom of the Keystone, and alternate logo. Nothing fancy.

Philadelphia.png

Honestly, of the ones that I've done, the logo set isnt my favorite. But I knew I would make cool jerseys, and I thought i did! Inspired by Oregon, I tried to mix black/grey/highlighter. The black tops and grey pants I thought looked cool, and the grey pinstripes looked better than highlighter. I just used a white version of the home as the clash.

PhiladelphiaUnis.png

Can I get some comments? Hopefully I can have a few done this week for here, and after I do all 16, I'll make a team USA logo.

The last two are both really good. I like the simplicity of the Tridents, fitting in with the Lightning. The color scheme for Philly is really sharp, and the keystone logo is really cool. I also like the nickname "Battalion" a lot.

These are awesome man, keep 'em coming. The tridents one is realllly nice, my favorite one. Love the passion for the made-up sport. My friends and I made up countless games like this but I never drove myself to make logos and teams and websites and all that jazz. I'm impressed.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Man I LOVE the color scheme for the Battalion! The keystone is well done, and the cannon is very simple, but in a really good way. Although I'd like to see uniforms for all of them, I'd be really curious to see how you incorporate that bright green into some uniforms without it being considered overkill.

TDZiMMB.png

I could see something like that working for a LA team for sure.

----------------------

Tampa and Philliadelphia look good. I wasn't too sure how well Philly's color scheme would work with thier logos, but I think you pulled it off. However, I feel that way thefour elements within the keystone(2 words/star/cannon) are stacked is a little visually off- putting. It seems like those elements are "fighting for attention" within the logo instead of having a focus point

2043050vl19qK6.gif

They should be the LA Stars. Maybe the Washington Colonials or Sentinels? For Arizona, they could be the Arizona Desert. Seattle should be something involving northwestern fish. This has to be one of the best threads ever!

Idk, those names are pretty generic, but not bad really! Thanks for the complement!

I love the font you used for the Battalion.

http://www.losttype.com/font/?name=outage

Los Angeles could be Southern California. I forgot I liked that.

Archived