Yakball Concepts

raysox

This is really great! I love the colors, they remind me of Tulane. The logo would be great, but a few things are disproportional. The fin is a little bit too long and tall and I think that the body needs to be wider as it goes down, rather than being the same width like it is now. Other than that, I really love the native styling and the secondary is nice. Can't wait to see some uniforms!

spacer.png

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOVE 'em all. Can't wait to see what you got in store for the Canadian league (Really enjoy that YC Hamilton logo on the Maps page).

As for what a DC team should be called...Commando DC (has a similar motif to what your Juggernaut had)

bYhYmxh.png

my faves are philly and tampa! cant wait for atlanta.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

As a Seattle Sounders supporter, i quickly noticed that you used the Space Needle from the Sounders logo. Not that I'm against that, but i'd suggest trying to draw your own. Otherwise looks great!

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

LOVE what you've thought up thus far! This has to be one of my favorite series on CCSLC...

I've even gotten ahead of myself and thought up names for the other cities on the map...will post when you open up the process for 'em.

bYhYmxh.png

• 3 weeks later...

THIS IS THE GLORIOUS RETURN OF YAKBALL.

Phoenix City YC

I decided on this name a while ago, but didn't know how to make an identity for it. I had the colors to sort of connect them with the city and their teams. I had the phoenix from the city flag, and wanted to incorporate. I used a diamond on a logo from a Phoenix soccer team logo for a past series, and started to sketch. I had two banners on the top and bottom, but they didnt look very good, so I rotated and connected, and REALLY liked that effect. I worked on a set around that logo, and came up with a solid set I thought.

Phoenix.png

The jersey would for sure have a sublimated flag on the back, so I took that design and made a modern piping looking set and tied it up working with making colors pop off the base.

PhoenixUnis.png

Oh man, that's really great. The crest is sharp, love the use of the Phoenix and AZ flag design. Kits are very nice as well. One thing I'd suggest (very, very minor) is to make the Nike logo on both kits sand, as right now they're kind of lost and hard to see. Other than that, really love this identity!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived