Yakball Concepts

raysox

Rush and Patrol really stand out from GnM's suggestions above and with good reason. Frankly, they sound far better than a generic "Sporting". The potential with LA's identity is huge so I hope whatever you choose in the end fits the profile.

Midway.png

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idk, I'm trying to keep the names sort of proper. And the Arena football type names aren't really my favorite. That doesn't mean I dont love the support!

Los Angeles should be done tonight, because I think i have the missing piece. Then, I'm thinking about using this as a basis for the Phoenix team, called Phoenix City.

342px-Phoenix-logo.svg.png

Sporting Los Angeles

I FINALLY figured out how to finish this concept. As you know, I had the palate, and I had the outside done, like you can see on the last page. I put Los Angeles at the bottom, and Sporting at the top. Then, I had a dilemma. I wanted an LA on it, but had to do it different than the Dodgers. I came up with this idea at school today, and ran with it. I simplified the scheme, by dropping some greys, and blues, but I like what I ended up with. I'm so glad the pink came out this good.

LosAngeles.png

These jerseys were sort of influenced by the Galaxy's kits. I did a sash that ran completely around the jersey, unlike the Galaxy's. I broke up the sash to look like the pattern on the logo. I did this for simplicity, but I let the colors make it unique.

LosAngelesUnis.png

I have DC's logo idea, but no name, also.

I think most of these are pretty solid and have that sort of MLS soccer feel, which I am sure is exactly what you were going for. The Empire is far and away my favorite.

The two logos that I think need revisions are the Outlaws and IX Counties. The dull color of the Outaws makes it look like a bag of charcoal and the IX Counties just looks like a road sign. Since the Altitude already use brown, and the Rovers have a dullish orange, I feel as though the league has too many colors like that. I like the idea of orange being a primary color, since it rarely is, but that IX Counties identity needs something else to make it pop.

Looks great. I see alot of MLS inspiration in the logos.

My only pet peeve for the identities, is the representations of each team's court. Try making a 2D version, that way the logos can be placed without perspective. Really like the Tridents, and the Empire. Great job so far!

This is a test to see if this will post because I've been having problems with this account. I have to do it in an existing thread because the site is not allowing me to start new threads.

rATMcmK.png

Thank you everyone! I'll work on some more right now, I have an idea for Phoenix. I was gonna use Brick/black/sand for the scheme.

My only pet peeve for the identities, is the representations of each team's court. Try making a 2D version, that way the logos can be placed without perspective.

I saw this when I was on my phone at school, and realized what you meant. Actually, the field is shaped like a trapezoid. Our wall is 36 feet wide, and we tried to have it as a rectangle, but we had the room, and wanted more open space so we made it like 56 feet at the top.

Um, I have an idea for the US National team, so I might do that. I also have one for Canada, which will be the next country. SHould I put up the city names for you all because I'm taking suggestions.

made a mistake here sorry.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Dude. 3 of your 4 US teams already have a team, Random international teams, and the Canadian cities are already chosen.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=200685942283096131177.0004b25c616ddef93cc80&msa=0&ll=37.300275,18.632813&spn=77.24498,173.144531

I just haven't posted them here.

But some international teams I've thought of were Most of Europe, Japan, China, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Argentina, Israel. I made a map, but eh.

Archived