Yakball Concepts

raysox

Liverpool Mariners

I was really close to naming this team the Liverpool Four, but I went with an easier brand. I used Liverpool's old colors(circa 2007ish), and did a nautical theme. Under the banner, I put an anchor and compass together like an old Mariners concept(I didn't realize they had the same name until just now), but also because Halifax AND Quebec already has a ship in their logo. Above the banner I did a rope pattern that comes up in the jersey.

Liverpool.png

The jerseys are fairly simple. I ran a strip across the chest and did an all red look. I know it would exile Everton fans, but Liverpool has more fans so I tried to throw it to them as the team to base off of. Pretty simple adidas uniforms here!

Liverpool is aesome mate, to bring the Everton fans in they could always have a team in the 2nd Division as soon as you get that underway :D

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edinburgh Fortress

I played with a team name like Nottingham Forest, or something that goes (city noun). I went with Fortress because of the castle that has been standing at the center of Edinburgh since the city was founded in the 12th century. The top of the logo is castle decor, with a Scottish lion in the crest, a banner for the name, and the year Edinburgh was established.

Edinburgh.png

The kits were going to be a little crazy, because I chose Warrior to be the brand for this team. I played around with shades of green, did some piping, and other design. The clash kits are minimalistic and white, a la Real Madrid.

EdinburghUnis.png

Thanks you guys! Too bad at this pace, it will be my 2nd favorite in this league! Lemme just say, I'm really feeling how Belfast looks right now. I need to do some uniforms, and that will be up tomorrow!

Also QB10panther, I would if I could! But the way I do the concepts will blow all my secrets! Hahahah

Belfast United

You guys suggested Seahorses for Belfast, and it got me going in this direction. The seahorse in the actual city crest was poorly rendered, so I redrew this one. I tried to make it sleek looking, like Aston Villa's lion. I did maroon, and light blue on a simple crest shape with a banner and team name under it. I wanted the motif to be vertical stripes, so prepare yourself now.

Belfast.png

Stripes. A lot of them. Other than that, pretty tame. With stripes, you have to use them just right, and I thought by not overbearing everything with them, they actually turned out cool with this scheme.

BelfastUnis.png

"United" would be a very provocative name politically, in real life. Aside from that, it's gorgeous. I've never understood why we don't see that colour combo more, outside from Avalanche atrocities.

rATMcmK.png

BEAUTIFUL identity...the jury's out on whether United would work or not.

On one hand, it is the capital of Northern Ireland, which remains part of the UK. On the other hand, it can fuel the flames amidst the Republic of Ireland teams (which wants Northern Ireland to leave the Kingdom and join the Republic.)

Wait a second...that makes it the PERFECT name! Makes the team recognizeable, and fuels rivalries...KEEP IT.

bYhYmxh.png

I will bump up my earlier suggestions:

Birmingham Workshop (Birmingham was known for several workshops practicing several trades)

Mancunian Millers (Manchester was HUGE on cotton mills)

Sheffield Alloyance (what Pittsburgh is to the USA and Hamilton is to Canada, Sheffield is to Britain. An alloy is steel in which another element has been added to harden said steel, "Alloyance" is a play on that word and on "alliance")

Geordies of the Toon ("Toon" is a nickname for Newcastle, a "Geordie" is a nickname for somebody from there)

Nottingham Sheriffs (named after Robin Hood's arch-nemesis)

Cardiff Daleks (Per Fumbler's suggestion. And FWIW, "EXTERMINATE!" would be the best sporting chant ever)

Harbour Glaswegian (in essence, Glasgow is a port city by the River Clyde, which suprred its growth from a hamlet to Scotland's largest city)

Aberdeen Roughnecks YC (tribute to oil industry)

Harper YC (That's the Dublin team with the "harp" theme you wanted)

Poblacht Tríonóide ("Poblact" means Republic-homage to this being the Republic of Ireland's team, and Tríonóide means "Trinity"-St. Patrick famously used a shamrock to explain Christianity's belief in the Holy Trinity)

bYhYmxh.png

Archived