Yakball Concepts

raysox

Magpies upon Tyne

I thought this was fun. Magpies is a nickname for Newcastle United, which is a bird in the UK(and is one of the cooler birds ever). I drew a magpie, and tried to make it modern. The name is based off of Newcastle upon Tyne, which is the name of the city, so I replaced Newcastle with Magpies. Tyne is the river that runs through Newcastle, if you didn't know. But, I liked the color scheme because it's the same colors as United!

Magpies.png

I really didn't want to do stripes like united, so I matched the crest and did a half and half uniform. I used puma and tried to make it similar to the crest, with piping and stuff. I really like these! The clash is the light blue version of the home.

MagpiesUnis.png

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOVE the Magpies secondary logo and uniforms. Absolutely beautiful stuff. The one thing that I'm iffy about is the blue banner (is that the right term?) on the primary logo... I'm no logo designer, but my gut reaction is that there's just something kind of off and distracting about it. Maybe an arched banner underneath the shield, a la St Kilda Saints? Just a thought.

Magpies looks great. I think Newcastle United would look great in those kilts, nevermind a team in a Yakball League. My only gripe in that in the main crest, the Upon just looks wierd. It is designed well, it just kind of makes it seem less like a sports logo, and more like a website logo.

The Magpies logo is wonderful! However, you could possibly incorporate a little more blue into the home kit. However, I am fascinated by this series! Maybe a Mexico-Caribbean-Central American league????

sport-scarf_reds_zpsbb317600.png

Sheffield Union

First, i wanted to do Sheffield Steelers, but that's the name of the hockey team(they even use the same colors!), so then I tried the typical club names. But since Sheffield is known for it's industry, I went with Union(workers union, you know). Orange, grey, and black, with diamond plating on the crest underneath the Yorkshire Rose.

Sheffield.png

The kits are simple, I know I wanted to do an orange top with a dark grey bottom. I went with adidas, and sort of based it of some teams, but made it my own. On the clash I wanted to do as much on the uniform as i could, but not use it as the actual color of the part.

SheffieldUnis.png

Chicago Brigade

Originally, I planned on Tampa having a fire-themed name. Tampa means fire sticks in the Calusa language. But the Great Chicago Fire is more understood, i guess! That, and I thought of a cool name. So I wanted to play off the Fireman theme with this one. I originally had the Fire's crest, but modified it, even though it's similar. I put the 4 Chicago stars from the flag on the bottom part, and arched CHICAGO on the top. I felt like the OKC Thunder font worked well here. THe alternate logo is a helmet and hatchet, to add to the theme. I might work on the hatchet, I think that logo might need some work.

Chicago.png

I just did a modern set for this team, and tried a few things. I did the front yellow chest part first, and was going to put a sponsor on it. But I thought some stars would look better. I put numbers above them for balance. Really, I just threw it together, but I like the final product!

ChicagoUnis.png

I'm almost done with IX Counties. Here is a sneak peak. But Carolina is next, I think.

umsypmvh1fcxyefrqcfio0yfy.gif

look familiar?

Soccer.jpg?t=1301776720England.png?t=1301868161Germany-1.png?t=1301800713FCB.png?t=1303259982

Chicago Brigade

I originally had the Fire's crest, but modified it, even though it's similar.

[image]

look familiar?

Your point being? Give the guy a break.

Thanks marble. I just kind of did it because that's how Chicago Fireman patches look. But I was going to redo some things with Chicago's logos anyway, so next time I get stuck, I'll redo it. Sound good exaccardi? No hard feelings man, I knew I said something about it because that'd be too obvious to rip off, ahahah.

Also still open to companies for the UK league. I want a big company. I would've gone with Vodafone, but eh. Barclay's is also taken too.

Archived