Yakball Concepts

raysox

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Can I get some more on the Manchester concept?

Harps YC

FINALLY getting to this team after knowing the name since the Isles league started. The harp is one of the national symbols of Ireland. I used the one from the Dublin flag, cleaned it up a bit and put it on a crest. I wanted this team to have a regal feel, or atleast classy. So I put it on a white and black crest with a cursive script. The field is not team specific, because they split time with the other Dublin team I'm yet to do.

Harps_zps3acafa20.png

I wanted the team to be recognizable, so I gave them gold pants balanced with a black top. Guinness will be the sponsor for both teams in Dublin so no one is exiled, like Carling sponsors both Rangers and Celtic in Glasgow. The clash is all white.

HarpsUnis_zps0ed63aa6.png

Can someone suggest that Gaelic name for the other team? I've looked and couldn't find it. I also changed the league name and logo to my original idea that I had. When I looked up arenas, I didn't know that The O2 Dublin was actually a concert venue, because it came up as an arena. However, because of how yakball is set up, if they put it on the stage then it would work perfectly.

The Harps set is fantastic. Really classy and very Irish. The one thing I would do is replace the Guinness harp logo on the jersey with the team harp logo, having two different harps looks a bit strange

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

I'm sure you knew someone was going to point this out eventually but I'm not sure how I feel about 2 different harps on one uniform. You see the Guinness harp is more prominent on the jerseys that it feels as if it is the main crest, which it is not.

The main idea here looks good, but your sponsor is overbearing on the team in this one

EDIT: Ninja'd for the first time

Midway.png

Can I get some more on the Manchester concept?

Harps YC

FINALLY getting to this team after knowing the name since the Isles league started. The harp is one of the national symbols of Ireland. I used the one from the Dublin flag, cleaned it up a bit and put it on a crest. I wanted this team to have a regal feel, or atleast classy. So I put it on a white and black crest with a cursive script. The field is not team specific, because they split time with the other Dublin team I'm yet to do.

Harps_zps65e3df1d.png

I wanted the team to be recognizable, so I gave them gold pants balanced with a black top. Guinness will be the sponsor for both teams in Dublin so no one is exiled, like Carling sponsors both Rangers and Celtic in Glasgow. The clash is all white.

HarpsUnis_zpsf3ce72ce.png

Can someone suggest that Gaelic name for the other team? I've looked and couldn't find it. I also changed the league name and logo to my original idea that I had. When I looked up arenas, I didn't know that The O2 Dublin was actually a concert venue, because it came up as an arena. However, because of how yakball is set up, if they put it on the stage then it would work perfectly.

Well done on the Harps set raysox.

Is this what you were looking for?

Dublin - Ath Cliath or Baile Ath Cliath: Light Blue and Dark Blue little hat thing on A in Ath Ath Cliath is the Gaelic name for Dublin.

Dublin - Harps

Also see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Maybe just remove the harp from the Guinness logo all together and just use the wordmark.

I'd also say the harp in the crest seems kind of small. The shape of the shield and the harp ensure that there is always going to be a lot of white space. Too much, IMO.

Kits are really nice though, and I love the script.

I would say the Harps are a rare swing and miss from you. Having Guinness as a sponsor really ruins the uniforms, because Harps YC and Guinness have similar brandings but they are also different. The gold Guinness harp really clashes with the yellowish shorts. The font used by Guinness seems more appropriate and definetly more prominent than the Harps wordmark. Also, I think the Guinness harp is better than the one for Harps YC. It looks a lot more like a harp. I would play with the one you have as the secondary logo. I would also downsize the O2 logo because it clutters the field, which already has a Yakball logo, a Guinness logo and an Irish flag.

Nottingham Sheriffs

Knocking out the last team from England! Honestly, I didn't know what kind of imagery to use for this team, I just liked the suggested name. I went with a red, vintage white, and black. I made a modern yakball and put it on a crest and made it look good. If anyone has an idea for something to add to improve, be my guest.

Nottingham_zps9c475adc.png

The jerseys were pretty cool, I thought. I went with vertical red and black stripes with vintage white to offset that. I wanted a classic AC Milan feel. The clash is off color with darker stripes because it looked better than it did being plain.

NottinghamUnis_zps6b37bb09.png

Dublin, Aberdeen, and Glasgow are left. Still open to suggestions.

Aberdeen Oilers

Aberdeen Greys (from the granite buildings)

Glasgow Shipwrights

Glasgow Machine (so want this name for an Industrial-Revolution theme)

Dubhlinn Seamrog

Baile Átha Cliath Seamrog

Though, "The shamrock is used as a symbol of Ireland, and is registered as a trademark by the Irish government." [wiktionary.org] So perhaps it wouldn't be realistic.

rATMcmK.png

Hm, the more I think of Dublin, the more I'm thinking there needs to be a tie-in to the literary culture, but not sure how. Poets? (But more known for novelists.) Quills? Bards?

rATMcmK.png

Hey raysox, I'm following the forum for a long time and just created my account, just want to say that this thread is AMAZING, I love your teams, the fields, the logos, the names and uniforms, I would also love to play Yakball! Watching this make me wonder if I should start one Yakball thread to see if I can someday (10 years wouldn't be enough) be close to be as good as you are on this, but no, this is your thing. I love everything you made here. Also want to say that I'm brazilian and when you reach the brazilian league I would love to help you out with team suggestions, cities (I don't kinda feel some of the ones you've chosen to have an first league club), arenas to be used an colors fo them (because if you split one big soccer team supporter group by colors here it would be a HUGE problem, we are not civilizated like the north America an Europe, unfortunally).

Also I want tol suggest something: I know it is an 16 teams league but if you ever plan an US expansion team I would highly suggest Orlando to you, because the team would bring so many tourists to the game (I know that almost all the brazilians that go to the US visit Disney and most of them goes to an Magic game) and would be an team with HUGE potential to marketing and to bring more atention to the league (since I see it like something that would grow a lot arround the world), other city for an maketing purposed expansion would be another New York team. It would be the same things in Orlando and would create some new derby.

Thank you for the great stuff you make!

Ah thanks for the kind words! I released the template for everyone to do concepts, and they're linked on the first page! So feel free to go ahead and make your own if you want! But yeah, I've though about adding teams to good markets like Portland, Nashville, and Orlando. But what it would be is a 2nd tier league with relegation. Now, I'm just going to work on countries and whenever I have ideas I'll go back and do some mroe US teams.

If anyone was wondering, the next league is a toss up between Mediterranean(France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece) and Central Europe(Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland)

Then you wont do an European continental tournment, just an league with a lot of countries, I don't know about that, but sure gives more room of time for other places and give a lot more potential for new big teams, because only famous cities shall have teams (I suppose). I was wondering if you would create some stories like the champions of each league you create, some team roster and etcetera, because I was thinking on doing some merchandise to use on my signature

If you search Yakball, I did a World Cup where I did stories for each continental tournament. I never got around to writing the full story about the championship but all 16 teams got done! Brazil is one of them.

If anyone was wondering, countries like Italy and France couldn't support a league, but only a handfull of teams, so I merged a few countries to spread the wealth and build up leagues. There will be rivalries like Madrid and Barcelona, but not teams like Bilbao or some other low tier team.

Archived