Yakball Concepts

raysox

Manchester Four - INCREDIBLE. Love how you decided to appeal to the whole city here...also glad to see that my idea for Liverpool's name is sticking to their rivals ;)

Harps YC - BEAUTIFUL again. That black and gold makes an awesome identity with the harp.

Nottingham Sheriffs - Of course that was what everybody wanted it to be called-but I like how you just made the concept a standard one.

VERY classy all around-keep it up!

BTW: the Gaelic name I suggested for the other Dublin team was Poblacht na Tríonóide (Republic of the Trinity-an homage to St. Patrick using the shamrock to explain the key aspect of Christianity)

bYhYmxh.png

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nottingham Sheriffs

Knocking out the last team from England! Honestly, I didn't know what kind of imagery to use for this team, I just liked the suggested name. I went with a red, vintage white, and black. I made a modern yakball and put it on a crest and made it look good. If anyone has an idea for something to add to improve, be my guest.

Nottingham_zps9c475adc.png

The jerseys were pretty cool, I thought. I went with vertical red and black stripes with vintage white to offset that. I wanted a classic AC Milan feel. The clash is off color with darker stripes because it looked better than it did being plain.

NottinghamUnis_zps6b37bb09.png

Dublin, Aberdeen, and Glasgow are left. Still open to suggestions.

Did you make the ball to look similar to a tree? As in Nottingham Forest?

If so, i win the internets. If not claim it, claim it now.

Srsly it looks bloody good.

Glasgow - Green Machine: Fluro Green, Dark Green and white.

Aberdeen - Highlanders: Red, green Blue.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

I don't know how I've missed this thread, although I haven't been in the forums for long. This is great stuff. Right from inventing yakball, which is something me and my friends did as kids (inventing games that is) to the unis, logos and nicknames. Great stuff. I do something similiar with rugby league (simulating games and seasons). I now have 13 competitions throughout the world. You at one time were struggling to find a name for Washington - I was too late but would have suggested Monuments. In fact I will use that name in my Eastern League. A lot of our nicknames are similiar, in fact, my Edmonton team is nicknamed the Barons. I hope you don't mind, I've stolen your Patrie name ( I have two teams in Montreal in my Canadian League) it's absolutely what I was looking for. I also would have suggested Oaks for Victoria. Lots of oak trees in the city, they're everywhere. But I digress. This is fabulous stuff.

Thank you! I love when people open the thread and it blows their minds, ahahah. I think fro Glasgow, I'm gonna do a blue and white team named the Nationals with a Unicorn mascot. Whatchya think?

If anyone is interested, I created a facebook page for FSU, and my friend created one for UF

http://www.facebook.com/FSUYakball

http://www.facebook.com/FloridaYakball

At least as controversial as Belfast United, but at least it looks like the increasing possibility of Scottish independence is going to be bloodless. All that said, my Scottish side says I can't wait to see it.

rATMcmK.png

• 2 weeks later...

Glasgow needs uniforms, and they'll be done. Does anyone want to do some college concepts? I'd be really interested in seeing some. I might even make a conpetition!

This sounds fun. Maybe a made up college competition.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Glasgow Nationals

Finally a team in Glasgow! A national symbol for Scotland is a unicorn, and I thought it was unique enough to include in a crest, hence the name Nationals. I wanted to make it different from other blue and white teams I did, so I used Buffalo Bills blue and white, and went for a more modern look.

Glasgow_zps515b357a.png

The uniforms have horizontal pinstripe as this motif. Blue with white pants and socks, kinda like Tampa. The clash is highlighter, because it would be unique to the league, and because I can!

GlasgowUnis_zps7038f5e0.png

If you haven't seen it yet, check out the NCAA Yakball competition!

Archived