NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

For the current home jerseys, scroll to the bottom of this page and it has a couple of videos about the design process and interviews with the ones in charge of it and the players who wore it. They were unveiled on November 22, 2008 and were designated as the home jersey in the 2010 and 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs, before officially becoming the primary home before this season.

The current road jersey was "officially" unveiled at their annual Hockey Fest on September 11, 2011 (article). They wore them on the road in the preseason, and for their regular season home opener against the Blues. The next day, an article was published on their site about the jersey, and how it's connected to the team history yet modern (where have we heard that one before!).

I don't know why they kept the former primary for this year, and they liked it so much (not) it was shipped off to Saint Louis and Dallas for two November games, and hopefully it will be dropped this year in favor of the purple and gold "Legends Nights" uniforms becoming full time alternates.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an FYI that we will all want to know about...

During the 2004-2005 lockout replica jerseys were being sold for $25 by Christmas time. Keep an eye on it, we may see similar deals.

-Dan

Are you serious? That's awesome! If only I were the jersey nut 8 years ago as I am now :mad:

I'll be sure to take advantage of the opportunity if/when it comes.

During the 2004-2005 lockout replica jerseys were being sold for $25 by Christmas time. Keep an eye on it, we may see similar deals.

-Dan

Are you serious? That's awesome! If only I were the jersey nut 8 years ago as I am now :mad:

Dead serious. My parents set a dangerous precedence with the 4 jersey Christmas of 2004!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

-Dan

Much as I like hockey jerseys, I'd rather have a season. But the Leafs are the Leafs, so maybe not.

If the jerseys were authentic, though...

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I just noticed that the Flames didn't wear solid pants when they introduced the horsehead jersey.

399054.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I just noticed that the Flames didn't wear solid pants when they introduced the horsehead jersey.

399054.jpg

The horsehead sweater was originally introduced as an alternate to this set....

Flames12_zpsfacb6115.png

They dropped the striped pants when they redesigned everything and made the horsehead sweater the primary road sweater.

For the current home jerseys, scroll to the bottom of this page and it has a couple of videos about the design process and interviews with the ones in charge of it and the players who wore it. They were unveiled on November 22, 2008 and were designated as the home jersey in the 2010 and 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs, before officially becoming the primary home before this season.

The current road jersey was "officially" unveiled at their annual Hockey Fest on September 11, 2011 (article). They wore them on the road in the preseason, and for their regular season home opener against the Blues. The next day, an article was published on their site about the jersey, and how it's connected to the team history yet modern (where have we heard that one before!).

I don't know why they kept the former primary for this year, and they liked it so much (not) it was shipped off to Saint Louis and Dallas for two November games, and hopefully it will be dropped this year in favor of the purple and gold "Legends Nights" uniforms becoming full time alternates.

That worked out great. Thanks!

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Does anyone know... ?

It seems as though we've been waiting for years for the Stars to go green. Finally, it sounds like it was going to happen. The team got sold, and the new jerseys are in the offing apparently. We know it couldn't happen for the 2012-13 season but would take place in 2013-2014.

My question...I'm assuming the team is under some sort of November/ December deadline to get drawings to the league and kick-start the approval process for 2013-14. Given the lockout, is there a chance that the team will not be running as usual/ the league offices won't honor their request/ this will be very low on the totem pole and the jersey change will be aborted????

Why do I get the feeling we'll be seeing the league's worst set for this lockout-shortened year and next season? Fail!

Does anyone know... ?

It seems as though we've been waiting for years for the Stars to go green. Finally, it sounds like it was going to happen. The team got sold, and the new jerseys are in the offing apparently. We know it couldn't happen for the 2012-13 season but would take place in 2013-2014.

My question...I'm assuming the team is under some sort of November/ December deadline to get drawings to the league and kick-start the approval process for 2013-14. Given the lockout, is there a chance that the team will not be running as usual/ the league offices won't honor their request/ this will be very low on the totem pole and the jersey change will be aborted????

Why do I get the feeling we'll be seeing the league's worst set for this lockout-shortened year and next season? Fail!

2014 is considered the year for the change, but we don't know if it will happen. If it does, it looks like they are throwbacking there old star uniforms.

That's my problem (along with everyone else) with all of them. By not completing the collar it makes it 1 billion times sillier looking.

-Dan

Dead serious. My parents set a dangerous precedence with the 4 jersey Christmas of 2004!

How much was customization that year?

-Dan

How much was customization that year?

If I remember correctly I got...

Dallas - Hatcher

Colorado - Forsberg

New Jersey - Niedermayer

NYR 3rd - Blank

WSH 3rd - Blank (from my sister)

I believe all were $25

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

What kind of jerseys were they? If there's something similar going on this year I may have to scoop one up.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The new Marlies jerseys are just a rehash of the Leafs' current jerseys

http://news.sportslo...w-ahl-uniforms/

It's all they needed to do. Would have liked to see the crown/leaf alternate return on the shoulders though.

Their new third jersey:

proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBhMaHR0cDovL2Rpc3RpbGxlcnlpbWFnZTEuaW5zdGFncmFtLmNvbS9iYzI5N2I3MjBhNTIxMWUyOGFiZjIyMDAwYTFjYmIzM183LmpwZxQCFgASAAfJWVxknR73E

^If that doesn't show, here's a link. It will be worn at every Sunday home game.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived