Super Bowl Fields

ltjets21

This is the best picture I could find of Super Bowl XXXVI. I love the American shields on the sidelines.

pops_on_field.jpg

Something that's bugged me on the more recent fields is that the Super Bowl logos are now on the 25 yard line. In the picture above the team helmets are on the 30 yard line where the X is for kickoffs. The logos used to always be on the X. The logos used to be on the 35 yard line before the moved kickoffs back. This may be the last Super Bowl the put the logos on the X.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that the Lombardi Trophy at the 50 in the pic of SB III? I guess this standardized look goes back farther than we thought!

Indeed it is...with an NFL & AFL logo on it. There's only 4 of those...

That would be cool if they tried to do this again, and also placed the trophy on the jerseys, like the NBA Finals.

628x471.jpg

doesn't look to shabby

Victor's patch would fall off hahaha. But it looks pretty good but I perfer the whole logo on the jerseys.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

Gold Redskins endzone?!? I hate their current grass colored one. Why don't they paint it? So much better.

it could be because there ends up being alot of college games played there maybe

At FedEx? We've had like 2 college games there in 2-3 years. Not what I would call "alot".

A permanent gold endzone would be sick. The 'skins under-utilize gold anyhoo.

Gold Redskins endzone?!? I hate their current grass colored one. Why don't they paint it? So much better.

it could be because there ends up being alot of college games played there maybe

At FedEx? We've had like 2 college games there in 2-3 years. Not what I would call "alot".

A permanent gold endzone would be sick. The 'skins under-utilize gold anyhoo.

They really need to fix their endzones.

No need for double helmets in each endzone. Plus they are too big, and the wordmark is squished together, blending the outlines of each letter.

A gold endzone, maroon wordmark outlined in white, the NFC logo on one side and the NFL shield on the other.

This way they can leave the Redskin helmet logo at midfield.

The only worse endzone is Atlnata's with their entire name in the endzone, and 56 Falcon logos.

Do the hometown fans need to be reminded which city they are in?

sig-1.png

Is that the Lombardi Trophy at the 50 in the pic of SB III? I guess this standardized look goes back farther than we thought!

miami.super-bowl-iii-joe-namath.lou.witt.nfl.triolo.si.jpg

Looks like the text reads "World Professional Football Championship".

It can be clearly read by the SB III ticket stub:

47725_01_lg.jpg

That would be cool if they tried to do this again, and also placed the trophy on the jerseys, like the NBA Finals.

628x471.jpg

doesn't look to shabby

This is the full trophy logo the NFL uses. And just for comparison, next to it is the trophy logo from the late 60s/early 70s:

lombardies.jpg

Note the old trophy logo here, and the trophy logo on the field in SB III. Look at how it's oriented with the shadow effects:

miami.super-bowl-iii-joe-namath.lou.witt.nfl.triolo.si.jpg

maybe its just because its the same trophy, but to me that looks really similar

Definitely down to the fact it is the same trophy, there's only so many orientations or angles you can go with to come up with a properly recognisable logo.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

• 1 year later...

Another shot of SB XXXIX

Super%20Bowl%20XXXiX%2075.jpg

SB XXXI in New Orleans...Pats used a red endzone.

SP_NFL_018_LG.jpg

Brett-Favre.jpg

2fpg-vertical.jpg

I remember feeling deprived when I saw this field for the first time. Every year I would watch the Super Bowl and wonder what the NFC logo would look like superimposed on a Packers helmet. Then the year they finally made it wound up being the year they scrapped the endzone helmets.

Archived