Drafted RB Blair Thomas

Could've had Cortez Kennedy, Junior Seau, or Emmitt Smith

imagine a team with Marino, Irvin, Rice, Emmitt. :shocked:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to be that guy, but shouldn't this kind of topic be on a team-specific forum? There are plenty out there. Want to talk about worst Jets game memories? Go to a New York Jets message board.

Don't mean to come off as mad/rude/cranky/whatever, just trying to make sense of things.

Oh, have talked about it on The Jets Blog, if any of you have ever visited that site (run by Brian Basset of SNY btw), but I just wanted to know what you guys thought and connect with other pained fans off of the worst Super Bowl ever (It was good, but I had no interest in rooting for anyone). I'm sorry if this thread was useless or pointless, but whatever. Then just don't reply.

Not to be that guy, but shouldn't this kind of topic be on a team-specific forum? There are plenty out there. Want to talk about worst Jets game memories? Go to a New York Jets message board.

Don't mean to come off as mad/rude/cranky/whatever, just trying to make sense of things.

Oh, have talked about it on The Jets Blog, if any of you have ever visited that site (run by Brian Basset of SNY btw), but I just wanted to know what you guys thought and connect with other pained fans off of the worst Super Bowl ever (It was good, but I had no interest in rooting for anyone). I'm sorry if this thread was useless or pointless, but whatever. Then just don't reply.

Oh how I long to suffer through a 5 year stretch in which my favorite NFL team had a cumulative 45-41 record with 2 trips to the Conference title game.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Um...what?:wacko:

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Um...what?:wacko:

Dont like Pats or Giants so whoever won would be painful.

Ok, so I'm only 16 but a diehard Jet fan, til the day I die. I have been to what some may consider the worst string of games and experienced some bad memories at a young age, ouch. Here it goes, top 11 (* indicates I was there).

11. Vs Raiders (2003 Playoffs)- Don't get me started. Had a good enough team to go all the way that year.

10. Vs Eagles* (2007)- Just DISAPPOINTING. The Eagles were actually good and the Jets had the chance to steal a W.

9. Vs Steelers (2004 Playoffs)- Doug Brien. Next.

8. Vs Patriots (2006 Playoffs)- My only playoff memory between 04 and 09. Holy JC.

7. Vs Broncos* (2008)- Ouch. The downfall of Mr. Brett Favre. Cold, wet, crappy, and another turnover laden day.

6. Vs 49ers (2008)- Could have gotten them that playoff spot. Did a last minute book report on that day, game just wasn't interesting.

5. Vs Colts (2009 Playoffs)- Super Bowl so close, if only not for defensive collapse.

4. Vs Cowboys (2007 Thanksgiving)- Just a disgrace.

3. Vs Steelers (2010 Playoffs)- So close, AGAIN. Brutal 1st half off emotional win.

2. Vs Pats (2009&10 Gilette & 2011 MetLife)- All 3 times denied at a chance to win the division.

1. Vs Giants (2011)- Bitch slapped by "Our little brother".

Please, I can name more, but they hurt......

Here's two more happy memories

:grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHDXoiw6U40

:grin:

That Super Bowl hangover from the early 1970's been lasting that long?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

It's weird how similarly tragic the Jets and Chiefs histories are. The last great Jets memory was Super Bowl III, the Chiefs Super Bowl IV. They've both plugged in veteran, superstar quarterbacks with little success. No franchise quarterback since Broadway Joe and Len Dawson...

Except you guys at least had the balls to draft a quarterback in the first round instead of trading for Matt f***ing Cassel. And you've had a playoff win since 1994.

Archived