LA Angels 2012 Uniform Patch

Patchez

You really see how nice the yellow/ gold halo was when in comparison to this version. The Angels' uniform in yellow/gold was really sweet. It's amazing how a color scheme based on red/yellow isn't even done in baseball (am i missing someone?) Does anyone really even do blue/yellow (I guess the Brewers try). Red/navy/yellow is pretty cool. Makes me think of the Florida Panthers. I think the yellow halo with yellow bands on the arms and socks (maybe with a stripe of navy) would really make this (already brilliant) uniform pop.

The Cardinals have yellow on the bird beaks and the big bat. It doesn't factor in elsewhere on the uniform, though.

Angels 2013 uni

141xn8.png

This better be a just a stupid-a$$ joke of a pic. Terrible unis.

Let me introduce you to little-known things called "sarcasm" & "satire"...

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Angels 2013 uni

141xn8.png

LOL

The A on the right sleeve really accentuates how different the A in the script is. It's odd to see the letter skewed with the halo perfectly horizontal and unskewed. If the right sleeve were bare it wouldn't call attention to this inconsistency.

And, hell yes, bring back the gold halo. The red/navy/touch o' gold combo is classic.

The 2013 one is a good joke but the 2012 is already a bad one. This can't be happening. How can a team (and a league that approves it) be so stupid? I thought we were out of the woods on this when Pujols and Wilson were introduced without any patches.

Remember, this is the same league that approved Turn Ahead The Clock back in the 1990s. Don't expect the league to stop a team from looking stupid.

spacer.png

The 2013 one is a good joke but the 2012 is already a bad one. This can't be happening. How can a team (and a league that approves it) be so stupid? I thought we were out of the woods on this when Pujols and Wilson were introduced without any patches.

Remember, this is the same league that approved Turn Ahead The Clock back in the 1990s. Don't expect the league to stop a team from looking stupid.

Turn Ahead the Clock was a one- or two-night gimmick for most teams. And to be honest, I enjoyed it. I don't fault the league for allowing that. I find it odd that anyone would think all these A's make sense. Usually we have a dissenting opinion, but I don't see one.

I couldn't play devil's advocate on this one if I tried. The closest comparison I can think of is one that somebody already mentioned -- the Cardinals' double sleeve numbers. I think that looks better simply for the symmetry. Maybe if they went with the same A on both sides it'd look better, but this just really confuses me.

The new roundel itself looks really nice, but as everyone else is saying, it's redundant overkill. Since the Halos essentially have their cap logo as their primary logo, they should have it on the caps, the jerseys (A in Angels) and would probably look best with no sleeve patches, to avoid over-using the A.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

• 2 months later...

You really see how nice the yellow/ gold halo was when in comparison to this version. The Angels' uniform in yellow/gold was really sweet. It's amazing how a color scheme based on red/yellow isn't even done in baseball (am i missing someone?) Does anyone really even do blue/yellow (I guess the Brewers try). Red/navy/yellow is pretty cool. Makes me think of the Florida Panthers. I think the yellow halo with yellow bands on the arms and socks (maybe with a stripe of navy) would really make this (already brilliant) uniform pop.

I agree. use the little A cap logo and a dd yellow trim and your set.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Archived