2012 College Baseball

bigwalk

Milwaukee doing what it does best... watering down its already hyper-diluted identity!

baseball-internet-7.jpg

mke_baseball.png

that stadium looks like its in a park

Wright State wore camouflage uniforms last night vs. Dayton for military night

That's because it is in a park... a good 10 minutes from campus. The fact that there's a Major League club in town that's also 10 minutes away and frequently runs student promotions hasn't exactly helped in the way of fan support, which would be a struggle anyway since Wisconsin doesn't typically see "baseball-weather" until mid-May. Word is that when and if the football program is revived, baseball will be the first thing to get cut and I doubt anyone will be shedding tears.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Milwaukee doing what it does best... watering down its already hyper-diluted identity!

baseball-internet-7.jpg

mke_baseball.png

That's because it is in a park... a good 10 minutes from campus. The fact that there's a Major League club in town that's also 10 minutes away and frequently runs student promotions hasn't exactly helped in the way of fan support, which would be a struggle anyway since Wisconsin doesn't typically see "baseball-weather" until mid-May. Word is that when and if the football program is revived, baseball will be the first thing to get cut and I doubt anyone will be shedding tears.

Speaking of Wisconsin smaller college sports, any talk of Wisconsin-Green Bay football? Seems like it would be a natural fit at the D2 level in the nearby Great Lakes conference with the Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio teams.

baseball-internet-7.jpg

mke_baseball.png

Thats sad, I see a big umw ad in miller park....I would hate to see baseball cut, mostly cus that is one of wright states best sports but still you woulda think they could get some help somewhere...the team is pretty good to

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Went to the Utah State game last Saturday, and apparently the blacks are just occasional alternates...they wore Navy tops with "Aggies" in a Tabitha-like font. Also, the whites from 2011 are still around. I guess I got worked up over something little, as I don't mind BFBS so much if it isn't constantly used--which it doesn't look like.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

ku_bbc_wsu_jy_07_t960.jpg?b8ea04f16efcb7dc07c41fa674167d6870b19a92

These are virtually perfect.

Wow. I am speechless. Those are beautiful from head to toe.

This +10,000

The overall classiness of that uniofrm is what makes it so amazing.

Those are quite nice. I like the pinwheel helmets.

As far as stirrups go, I know that Paul Lukas goes WAY overboard with his love for them. If they are worn, I like them like they are in this picture: the opening showing the sanitary sock is very low, showing very little white. The reason I like seeing socks/stirrups where baseball uniforms are involved is because they add color to the uniform. When there's too much sani, there's not enough color and it just looks ridiculous. I'd as soon just see socks and not stirrups if stirrups are going to be worn high (like in the Prairie View A&M pictures earlier in the thread).

And also, why is it that there aren't more stripes on socks/stirrups in the Majors? I love that most of these college uniforms feature socks with various striping patterns. In almost all cases, it adds to the aesthetic of these uniforms.

ku_bbc_wsu_jy_07_t960.jpg?b8ea04f16efcb7dc07c41fa674167d6870b19a92

These are virtually perfect.

The problem with these uniforms is that there's too much red. To me Kansas is a blue first team with red accents. If the jerseys were blue, this would be an awesome set. Right now it's a very good set.

No, I don't like stirrups either. Solid-colored socks look so much better and less distracting... and if football teams can have regular striped socks, why can't baseball teams?

I don't care if they were socks or stirrups, I'm just not a fan of the pants pulled up to the knees- it is so amateur and bush league looking. Kids do that in little league because it's "cool". I personally think it looks a lot classier when pants are worn all the way down AND everyone does it the same way. That is another reason pulling the pants legs up to the knees doesn't work for me...it doesn't work for all body types- a thick person looks really silly wearing socks or stirrups you can see.

Baseball is just one of those classy sports where I think you should dress like a team- the same way.

No, I don't like stirrups either. Solid-colored socks look so much better and less distracting... and if football teams can have regular striped socks, why can't baseball teams?

I don't care if they were socks or stirrups, I'm just not a fan of the pants pulled up to the knees- it is so amateur and bush league looking. Kids do that in little league because it's "cool". I personally think it looks a lot classier when pants are worn all the way down AND everyone does it the same way. That is another reason pulling the pants legs up to the knees doesn't work for me...it doesn't work for all body types- a thick person looks really silly wearing socks or stirrups you can see.

Baseball is just one of those classy sports where I think you should dress like a team- the same way.

I'm thinking you're lacking some historical perspective (a hundred years or so) here but Luis Polonia approves of your message.

Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Don Drysdale, Sandy Kofax, Tony Gwynn, Stan Musial, Bob Feller, Jackie Robinson, and millions of other Major League professional ballplayers officially call you amateur and bush league because you obviously lack perspective and don't understand the history of the game.

Baseball pants should definitely be pulled up but I don't understand the appeal of stirrups. They don't look good. Leave them in the past where they belong.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived