2012 College Baseball

bigwalk

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hideous. What happened to these?

ASU%2525252520Baseball-040720120017.JPG

These pictured are their regular home set, the others are some kind of home alt.

Despite my pathological hatred of Pat Murphy, I've always been a big fan of (most of) ASU's uniforms.

Flipping through channels, caught Alabama/South Carolina on ESPNU. They had these tops on. Is there some Bama/Blue Jay link I am missing?

BaseballvsArkansas_IMG_0038_Bennett_W-web.jpg

IIRC, one of the coaches played for Toronto or something like that.

Replica of a uniform Bama wore in the 1980s.

No, I don't like stirrups either. Solid-colored socks look so much better and less distracting... and if football teams can have regular striped socks, why can't baseball teams?

I don't care if they were socks or stirrups, I'm just not a fan of the pants pulled up to the knees- it is so amateur and bush league looking. Kids do that in little league because it's "cool". I personally think it looks a lot classier when pants are worn all the way down AND everyone does it the same way. That is another reason pulling the pants legs up to the knees doesn't work for me...it doesn't work for all body types- a thick person looks really silly wearing socks or stirrups you can see.

Baseball is just one of those classy sports where I think you should dress like a team- the same way.

No, you have disrespected about 90% of the players in the Hall of Fame. Baseball has had high socks for over one hundred years. I know long pants have caught on immensily the past 15 years, but they look like pajamas. But how does it look bush league when you have high pants? I can't believe anyone would make such an idiotic statement as that. Anyways, most douchebag players I know of, played against or heard of have long pants. The kids these days think long pants are "cool", but they make kids look stupid. Respect the game and respect the high socks.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Wait, wearing the pants high is bush league? Since when is looking classy and not lazy a bad thing?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

No, I don't like stirrups either. Solid-colored socks look so much better and less distracting... and if football teams can have regular striped socks, why can't baseball teams?

I don't care if they were socks or stirrups, I'm just not a fan of the pants pulled up to the knees- it is so amateur and bush league looking. Kids do that in little league because it's "cool". I personally think it looks a lot classier when pants are worn all the way down AND everyone does it the same way. That is another reason pulling the pants legs up to the knees doesn't work for me...it doesn't work for all body types- a thick person looks really silly wearing socks or stirrups you can see.

Baseball is just one of those classy sports where I think you should dress like a team- the same way.

No, you have disrespected about 90% of the players in the Hall of Fame. Baseball has had high socks for over one hundred years. I know long pants have caught on immensily the past 15 years, but they look like pajamas. But how does it look bush league when you have high pants? I can't believe anyone would make such an idiotic statement as that. Anyways, most douchebag players I know of, played against or heard of have long pants. The kids these days think long pants are "cool", but they make kids look stupid. Respect the game and respect the high socks.

You talk about making an idiotic statement and then you go off and make a complete idiotic statement by saying, "Anyways, most douchebag players I know of, played against or heard of have long pants. The kids these days think long pants are "cool", but they make kids look stupid. Respect the game and respect the high socks."

AtTJDYZCEAEGATy.jpg

174795_melt.jpg

Those are awful. I guess it means Nike only controlled that logo for a year. For some reason, I thought it was 2.

Isn't Demarini part of Nike? Those uniforms look like crap though!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

AtTJDYZCEAEGATy.jpg

174795_melt.jpg

Dear sweet Christ that is hideous.

ASU's baseball aesthetic has consistently been a simple and classy look. Even their Arizona Centennial alt is simple and actually kind of nice (Black/Copper lettering). Why even dare sully the look with ugly panels and skewed, subliminated logos? Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Baseball pants should definitely be pulled up but I don't understand the appeal of stirrups. They don't look good. Leave them in the past where they belong.

With all due respect, sir, get stuffed.

269982_10150261765057180_621437179_7388873_6833194_n.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 4 weeks later...

^

See, I just think that looks ridiculous.

Well, obviously, but for reasons totally unrelated to the stirrups.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

im from long island and for as big of a school stony brook is, their uniforms looks like crap. i was expecting something nicer from them but everytime i saw the navy numbers on red with no outline, i thought it looked horrible. i also dont understand why stony brook got rid of the seawolf logo and went to a generic SB

Mets, Jets, Islanders

i love the gold uniforms FSU have. i just wish they didnt have the red underarm

Yeah, the pits definitely detract from both FSU and Arkansas' designs.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived