Pics of yourself w/ sports titles

dbadefense1990

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

431726_10150649030697176_652662175_11237477_1461021745_n.jpg

You win and how did you make that happen?

Morning after we swept the Red Wings (i was at the game with my dad), My brother went to the Big Apple (local sports bar in Bayonne, NJ, where we lived at the time) to get stuff for a party the Big Apple was going to cater for him. When he walked in, the bar was empty, except for the bartender, and Lord Stanley. He called up my folks, we ran down there, and STILL no one was there... I was wondering where the Cup's personal guard was. I still to this day don't know if he was there and i just didn't see him or what the case was. Bottom line, i have that pic of me with the cup, one of me drinking beer from the cup (i was 13 at the time, didn't matter) My father, brothers, sister, and mom all got pics with the cup. My father mishandled it when putting it down and actually put a small dent into the 1980-81 Islanders...

One of the most surreal, insane 24 hours of my sports fan life.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

431726_10150649030697176_652662175_11237477_1461021745_n.jpg

You win and how did you make that happen?

Morning after we swept the Red Wings (i was at the game with my dad), My brother went to the Big Apple (local sports bar in Bayonne, NJ, where we lived at the time) to get stuff for a party the Big Apple was going to cater for him. When he walked in, the bar was empty, except for the bartender, and Lord Stanley. He called up my folks, we ran down there, and STILL no one was there... I was wondering where the Cup's personal guard was. I still to this day don't know if he was there and i just didn't see him or what the case was. Bottom line, i have that pic of me with the cup, one of me drinking beer from the cup (i was 13 at the time, didn't matter) My father, brothers, sister, and mom all got pics with the cup. My father mishandled it when putting it down and actually put a small dent into the 1980-81 Islanders...

One of the most surreal, insane 24 hours of my sports fan life.

I will forever be jealous of that story and the sweep of the Wings is the silver lining icing on the cake!

FMP

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I will forever be jealous of that story and the sweep of the Wings is the silver lining!

That would imply his story was bad. Icing on the cake?

I didn't get a picture with the Cup two years ago when the Hawks won, but many of my friends did, as the Cup was with players at downtown bars for pretty much the entire summer. Strangely, Vince Vaughn and Kevin James were often there with it, as they were in town filming "The Dilemma" then.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Do they still let you get up close with the Cup at the Hockey Fall of Fame in Toronto?

Yes. And you can touch it as well. I should note, however, that it's not the *real* Cup. It's a "replica". The "real" one is given only to the players when they win.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

That's not exactly the story I've heard when I've been there. They're both the "real" cup; one is called the "presentation" cup, which is given out quickly and is likely to have more errors in it than the other. I forget the term they used for that one.

Of course, neither are the original cup; that's in the vault.

And while you can touch it, I made a point of not doing so. I'm weird that way.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That's not exactly the story I've heard when I've been there. They're both the "real" cup; one is called the "presentation" cup, which is given out quickly and is likely to have more errors in it than the other. I forget the term they used for that one.

Of course, neither are the original cup; that's in the vault.

And while you can touch it, I made a point of not doing so. I'm weird that way.

Not 'till you win it, eh?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I have numerous pics of myself with the Stanley Cup.

Pics or it didn't happen!

At the HHOF 2009

6411_557755397070_51900228_32875605_2211715_n.jpg

I have yet to grace the CCSLC with my mug and have no plans to.

But I have been to the HHoF 5 times and seen it there. I saw it when Mike Modano, Brian Rafalski (as a Devil) and Mike Hartman brought it to Michigan. I've seen it at a few NHL fan functions at the JLA and once at the Ponchatrain Hotel in Detroit just before the 1995 SCF when the league had all the trophies on display.

I also saw both Blue Jay World Series trophies in 1998.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I've gotten my picture taken with the Stanley Cup twice: Once at the Hockey Hall of Fame, the other when it was in Philips Arena. When it was at the arena, my co-worker and I got to hoist the Cup and get a picture taken together, since we're friends with Mike Bolt.

Whatever the PGA calls their championship trophy (the one based on that FedEx playoffs format), I got my picture with that last year.

I didn't get a picture with it, but I've gotten to carry the Hawks' 1957 NBA Championship trophy.

And last month, when Trevor Bayne was in town for a Hawks game, the folks from Daytona had the 2012 Daytona 500 Champion trophy on display. I got a picture of me holding it up. Damn thing is heavy as sin....like 60 pounds or so. Aside from the neat car on top, it's a boring-looking trophy.

I have no idea where the picture went, but I got my picture taken with the Stanley Cup during the NHL lockout. Hershey was Tampa's AHL squad that year, and they had Jay Feaster (GM of Tampa at the time) and the Cup stop by for a game.

Archived