Uniforms get a technical foul

Varsity Blue

Rules are rules, though I think there should be a time limit on this sort of thing. If more than a minute has gone into the game and the other team hasn't complained, it should be ignored completely.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Its against the rules for HS football players to wear bicep bands and black towels yet I see it all the time. Also from the video clip show, you could clearly tell the destiction from the two teams...obviously someone was trying to cover the spread

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

So if they went ahead and told the district, this would be fine, right? This seems a little harsh. Its for a good cause. My hockey team wears a pink uni once a month( we play for 3 months, then playoffs for 2) so i don't why this is such a big deal.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I don't see anything wrong with calling it right...? They should have taken care of it before the game if they didn't want to be penalized...?

Right on the oversight by the team, and right on the officials enforcing rules they're paid to enforce for a reason.

But on the opposing coach requesting the technical, that's a bit slimy, IMO.

The violation depends on the rules. Most use NFHS/IAABO rules (NFHS is also called "Federation", used by most states' athletic associations; IAABO is the organization of referees).

It is a violation, but also a cheap move to be brought up at halftime.

IAABO put in the rule that the home team's uniforms must be white. Unfortunately, many high schools don't have the money in the budget to replace all the uniforms immediately, so a grace period was instituted until they all had the money to purchase them.

I still work games where the home teams wear silver/light gray. We're told to let it go, because as long as the players on one team are dresses similarly enough to tell them apart from the opponents, it's fine.

From what I understand, if the teams agree ahead of time, pink uniforms are allowed.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The violation depends on the rules. Most use NFHS/IAABO rules (NFHS is also called "Federation", used by most states' athletic associations; IAABO is the organization of referees).

It is a violation, but also a cheap move to be brought up at halftime.

IAABO put in the rule that the home team's uniforms must be white. Unfortunately, many high schools don't have the money in the budget to replace all the uniforms immediately, so a grace period was instituted until they all had the money to purchase them.

I still work games where the home teams wear silver/light gray. We're told to let it go, because as long as the players on one team are dresses similarly enough to tell them apart from the opponents, it's fine.

From what I understand, if the teams agree ahead of time, pink uniforms are allowed.

Agreed. If you're going to make an issue out of it - why not make the issue at the beginning of the game? I thought that's one of the things that they check in the captain's meeting before the game (JP, confirm this one for me - I never played organized basketball).

And you'd think that some schools would know to not order colored uniforms for home uniforms during the grace period - a school here had to re-order home uniforms that now don't match their road blacks because they ordered them in silver. Those silver uniforms are now the JV uniforms. (but good luck trying to get a ref to say "GRAY" for silver)

LvZYtbZ.png

Don't get me wrong, cause I HATE breast cancer and ALL forms of cancer alike.... But this whole "break out the pink for breast cancer awareness"-thing has jumped the shark so hard over the last few years. It almost feels like teams/leagues are now adding pink to uniforms to play around with a funny, attention grabbing color, not to spread awareness. "PFPS", if you will.

I'd really like to see other forms of cancer and diseases get this sort of attention. If only they had a flashy/unique color to represent them.... <_<

6uXNWAo.png

Don't get me wrong, cause I HATE breast cancer and ALL forms of cancer alike.... But this whole "break out the pink for breast cancer awareness"-thing has jumped the shark so hard over the last few years. It almost feels like teams/leagues are now adding pink to uniforms to play around with a funny, attention grabbing color, not to spread awareness. "PFPS", if you will.

I'd really like to see other forms of cancer and diseases get this sort of attention. If only they had a flashy/unique color to represent them.... <_<

According to the article, the proceeds from auctioning the jerseys was going to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I agree with you. I also note you felt it necessary to declare and emphasize that you're an opponent of cancer in general. :grin: Some people have the attitude that any criticism of a campaign, or aspect of a campaign, meant for "public good" means you are some sort of monster. So, if I don't like pink uniforms then I must be pro-breast cancer (see the thread on the Fighting Sioux).

LehQRaC.png

It's not really up to the referees to make sure all contracts/agreements have had al the i's dotted and t's crossed. That's the job of the athletic directors of the competing teams. We are told to take their words as face value. Our job is to take care of the stuff on-court, not the paperwork and administration off-court.

The most we can do is during the captains' pre-game meeting, we can ask if the other team has agreed to allow the other team to wear pink. If not, we make them change before the game starts. If they agree, there shouldn't be an issue.

Coaches will always try to pull stuff like that later during the game, just to get in the heads of the other coaches and players. Happens a lot in baseball...in the 6th or 7th inning, a coach will want the umpire to check a bat that's been used all game. If illegal, the offending player can be called out, if it was used to get a hit. It's just gamesmanship, but really makes the other coach look petty and grasping at chances to win when the action on-field or on-court is failing them.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived