Seattle Sea Lions

sparkychewbarky

The Nautical theme

jizz_in_my_pants.jpg

The native theme gives me a celtic vibe with the striping and colour scheme.

Interesting observation Patch, because there's a lot of similarities between ancient Celtic and Native American art. (intricate designs and intertwining objects)

Who's the dude?

Andy Samberg

Patch, that was hilarious! ..."Clean up in aisle 3"!

Thanks!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very very nicely done. It's a lot of fun to watch your concepts evolve and that you are very open to ideas. I like both, but am still leaning toward the native theme. I think it still needs some work. I still think it looks a little too slender in the body, almost serpent-like. Also, I like how you have the trident positioned on the nautical theme better, can you do this on the native theme? This may be kind of lacking in creativity, but I can't help but wonder what this concept would look like in Seahawks colors? It's so unique and I think it's cool when cities have color schemes that go across their sports like Pittsbugh (ok, so maybe that's the only city that does, but it's cool).

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Logo 3 is more of a contemporary style...more of an illustration really. It has more depth than the others,

but would still look good in black and white...

sllogo2.jpg

Whoa Whoa Whoa? Can I see more of this bad boy? This one is awesome...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

i like both styles, but the native one with a shoulder patch with the nautical logo would be the best look for this team.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

sllogo2.jpg

I agree 120%, this one, by far, looks the best IMHO and in this set, thats saying something. I would definitely expand on it, even the nautical version of this logo looks incredibly good.

UJ

I agree, but I would change the colour scheme up a bit. It's got a REALLY strong Sharks Vibe

What I enjoy is that you have made it almost to the point that you have enough logo's to establish a history for this team. You can make a time line using all of your logos. The most recent one is stunning. It's come a long way.

As for the colors, yeah It favors the Sharks but it still looks great. Maybe try the Mariners colors? Or Seahawks?

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

sllogo2.jpg

I agree 120%, this one, by far, looks the best IMHO and in this set, thats saying something. I would definitely expand on it, even the nautical version of this logo looks incredibly good.

UJ

I agree, but I would change the colour scheme up a bit. It's got a REALLY strong Sharks Vibe

this one is growing on me as it would be the most NHL ready logo of the bunch. like i said before, add brown to the scheme to see how it looks as sea lions are brown and it is a very unique colour scheme. i might do a jersey set again similar to this one if you dont use this logo in brown. that is what is holding this back. it makes them different and looks great. trust me 100%. teal, brown and yellow is the way to go.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I don't think teal, brown and yellow is EVER the way to go.

Disagree.

41VkQSbC8BL._SS500_.jpg

Also, Sparky, you're headed in the right direction with 2, 3, and 4. #1 still doesn't do it for me for some reason...

Disagree.

41VkQSbC8BL._SS500_.jpg

Also, Sparky, you're headed in the right direction with 2, 3, and 4. #1 still doesn't do it for me for some reason...

thank you for rpoving my point. that hat looks great. what team is it for?????

Disagree.

41VkQSbC8BL._SS500_.jpg

thank you for rpoving my point. that hat looks great. what team is it for?????

Fresno Grizzlies.

Buy it HERE.

teal, brown and yellow is the way to go.

Hi Cody,

I applied the yellow, teal, brown colour scheme to the "native" theme design. It works pretty good and makes it less SJ Sharkish.

It's a hard scheme to get right because of the many variations of teal and brown (and yellow too),

but at first attempt, I kind of like it...

slunibrown.jpg

Thanks for the input.

What I've done GFB, is pretty much what you've suggested.

I'm gonna develop 2,3,4 a little further. #3 got a lot of late love, (after I ditched it), so I brought it out of retirement.

#1 needed a "style". I liked it, but I also liked the clean lines of #4, so I kind of combined the two.

I want to try a 1-colour concept like the Wings.

Here's what I've got so far, with a steely blue colour.

fullnautsl.jpg

or this...

fullnautsl-1.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone.

P.S. (This logo has almost a "Starbucks" feel to it. Is that necessarily a bad thing in the Seattle market?)

Thanks for the input.

What I've done GFB, is pretty much what you've suggested.

I'm gonna develop 2,3,4 a little further. #3 got a lot of late love, (after I ditched it), so I brought it out of retirement.

#1 needed a "style". I liked it, but I also liked the clean lines of #4, so I kind of combined the two.

I want to try a 1-colour concept like the Wings.

Here's what I've got so far, with a steely blue colour.

fullnautsl.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone.

The reason I prefer the original #4 to the mixture of #1 & #4 is that I feel that there is too much detail in the face compared to the rest of the body.

Not to hijack the thread, but this is the direction I would take #3 in terms of colors and some minor edits:

Seals.png

Not to hijack the thread, but this is the direction I would take #3 in terms of colors and some minor edits:

Seals.png

G,

I have no problem with "showing" somebody an opinion.

It's not hijackin' at all.

I like the tweaks you made on the s'lion.

I'm not sure about the colours. It's a little dull IMO.

Maybe a more yellow-orange rather than the orange you have would do the trick.

I like the bevelled trident.

Thanks.

Archived