2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Season

sportsfan0518

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Charger car is SEXY.

Kahne got screwed over again late. He was running 6th, had a great run on the outside of the 16, 99, and 17 car, Kenseth lost it and slid up the track and both slammed into the wall. Kahne finished 19th, and Kenseth finished 22nd.

It's a shame, they both had great cars.

That's badass. Too bad no one will be driving it.

Sad to know I'm not the only one thinking that.

I'm thinking 2013 will see Petty, Gannassi (as he buys out Earnhardt), TBR, Furniture Row, and possibly the new BK Racing team in Dodges.

That's badass. Too bad no one will be driving it.

Sad to know I'm not the only one thinking that.

I'm thinking 2013 will see Petty, Gannassi (as he buys out Earnhardt), TBR, Furniture Row, and possibly the new BK Racing team in Dodges.

Probably right with Petty. Good to hear of more possibilities though.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I dunno about Ganassi, I mean he's got a engine sharing deal with Childress, the ECR engines. Could make for something interesting, but I could see that, same with Petty, but doesn't Toyota's deal with Michael Waltrip Racing over soon?

baltimoreravens.png

I dunno about Ganassi, I mean he's got a engine sharing deal with Childress, the ECR engines. Could make for something interesting, but I could see that, same with Petty, but doesn't Toyota's deal with Michael Waltrip Racing over soon?

Like I said, he buys out the Earnhardt half and ECR becomes just and engine company the same way Yates did. Ganassi has no ties whatsoever to Chevy, like Earnhardt did and the only reason EGR is Chevy is because of the "saving" of the Earnhardt name.

Actually, he's not as they've appealed the appeal, so he will at least be on top of the box at Bristol. The whole thing with the suspension of Knaus bothers me. I have a problem with NASCAR not following the rules it laid out for inspection and then saying something was illegal and the car was never inspected with the "supposed" illegal parts that would've passed the points that NASCAR checked. If NASCAR can't follow it's own inspection rules they why have rules in the first place? So off the car they were illegal, but they were never checked while on the car? I just find it very questionable by NASCAR and if I was an owner, I would question NASCAR and it's integrity.

I could swear NASCAR's rulebook must be either the hardest thing to find but according to some of the hosts on Sirius Nascar they said its easy to get & its not that complex...

I am kind of curious to get my hands on it if possible.

baltimoreravens.png

I could swear NASCAR's rulebook must be either the hardest thing to find but according to some of the hosts on Sirius Nascar they said its easy to get & its not that complex...

Every crew chief in NASCAR plays dumb when it comes to rules but they know that rulebook inside and out.

Every crew chief in NASCAR plays dumb when it comes to rules but they know that rulebook inside and out.

Very true.... Sad but true. In the mean time, we got Bristol coming up. Where half the field will either crash or end up losing laps.

baltimoreravens.png

Been a while since that #2 was ripping it up at Bristol. I haven't really had a favorite driver since Rusty retired, may just have to go over to BK2 now.

I was surprised with two things today.

1- The performance of Juan Pablo , but he basically avoided the wrecks rather than had a very fast car today.

2- The crown. Whoever works in the Bristol ticket office may have to clean out their desk tomorrow. Wow that crown was sparse!

1- The performance of Juan Pablo , but he basically avoided the wrecks rather than had a very fast car today.

2- The crown. Whoever works in the Bristol ticket office may have to clean out their desk tomorrow. Wow that crown was sparse!

Agreed. I mean half of 160,000 is 80,000 which is still a great crowd, but from reading the comments on this issue, yes the economy downfall hit this area hard, but fans seem to really hate the new Bristol. It feels like a smaller Vegas, none of that classic Bristol racing. The progressive banking killed it.

Agreed. I mean half of 160,000 is 80,000 which is still a great crowd, but from reading the comments on this issue, yes the economy downfall hit this area hard, but fans seem to really hate the new Bristol. It feels like a smaller Vegas, none of that classic Bristol racing. The progressive banking killed it.

The the fans who hate the new Bristol, need to go to their local demolition derby, because what they did to the track was great and true race fans love and appreciate what Bristol did. I'm sorry but the old Bristol was not racing at all, it was a demolition derby which while fun to see drivers angry at each other, produced some of the most boring and pathetic excuse for F1-style follow the leader racing.

The the fans who hate the new Bristol, need to go to their local demolition derby, because what they did to the track was great and true race fans love and appreciate what Bristol did. I'm sorry but the old Bristol was not racing at all, it was a demolition derby which while fun to see drivers angry at each other, produced some of the most boring and pathetic excuse for F1-style follow the leader racing.

I tend to agree with you since even in other economic downturns/recessions, Bristol still had 55 consecutive sellouts and a waiting list of over 40K. I will accept that the Kentucky Speedway holding a Cup race may have dented part of the attendance. The other stories I read is that hotels are high, but they were high when the race was sold-out. Their prices haven't changed that much (nor did costs for a fifth-wheel with today's gas prices).

I only buy 25% of the reasoning for low sales, but it seemed that the crown was down by 50%.

Archived