2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Season

sportsfan0518

You all sit there and say that Matt is not all that good and yet, he has more career victories and championships than Carl Edwards, Kevin Harvick, Denny Hamlin, Kasey Kahne, Greg Biffle, Jeff Burton, Ryan Newman, and of course Jr. Matt is that good, and you all don't appreciate how good he is. You do realize on the full-time career victory list he only follows, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Tony Stewart and the Busch brothers. I'm not including Mark Martin and Bill Elliott because they are part-time drivers. To compare him to Ricky Rudd is fine with me, heck even Terry Labonte is fine. To say he's not that good, is ridiculous.

I never said he wasn't good. Of course he's good. He runs consistent and whether you want to call it a fluke or not (running consistent is never a fluke) he's got a title. I was actually going to bring up a Terry/Bobby Labonte comparison when trying to find another driver like him, can't believe I didn't.

Gibbs hit a home run with swapping Logano for Kenseth. But you know there's at least 5 other guys he'd rather have in that seat.

4667390942_8564481d7a_z.jpg

But anyway, what's this? (other than a hideously ugly racecar)

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clint Bowyer wins at Richmond, Jeff Gordon finishes 2nd to clinch his way into the Chase. Kyle Busch and Carl Edwards left out.

Current standings going into the Chase:

1. Denny Hamlin - 2012

2. Jimmie Johnson, Tony Stewart, Brad Keselowski - 2009

5. Greg Biffle, Clint Bowyer - 2006

7. Dale Earnhardt Jr., Matt Kenseth - 2003

10. Kevin Harvick, Martin Truex Jr., Kasey Kahne, Jeff Gordon - 2000

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• 2 weeks later...

Meh, you figured they would've spiced it up a little, you know like adding a road course in the chase, just saying. Also, the world's worst kept secret has happened, Kurt Busch is expected to join Furniture Row Racing starting in Charlotte. Although the big story on Race Hub last night was that Richard Petty Motorsport was rumored to get rid of Aric Armirola.

Oh yeah, I found this rather intersting, don't look for a Sonata anytime soon in Nascar

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/09/27/hyundai-pulls-out-of-all-motorsports-in-north-america/

baltimoreravens.png

_I thought he had a solid year, hope he finds a ride soon. I just wish someone would put Montreal on the schedule! Please!

_

_

_When NASCAR comes to its senses and adds a road course to the Chase, Montreal is a shoe in to be added, with The Glen being the Chase race.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Considering he's already won 2 chase races and grew his points lead a ton by managing to miss the ungodly large big one yesterday, this is Keselowski's to lose now, right?

Yes, it's currently Keslowski's Championship to lose. If Brad can continue to finish ahead of Johnson and Hamlin as well as place in the Top 10 or better (two more wins would pretty much guarantee him victory), then he will be the new Champion.

However, there's plenty of racing left and I see this Chase coming down to the final two races to determine its victor.

So the drivers are pretty pissed after Talladega. What do you want, tandem drafting sucked, you get rid of the restrictor plate somebody is getting hurt really bad. Maybe it's the car they have now, I can never remember Daytona and Talladega races becoming as heated as they are in the last few laps, since the new car took over.

Hopefully the one next year can keep the pack racing, but not have everyone crash on the last lap.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I don't know.. I feel like all the series have been getting way too chaotic the last lap at the superspeedways so it's not the car. It's more so the drivers... I mean I can't remember the last Nationwide or Truck series race that didn't have a huge pileup on the last lap at Daytona or Talladega

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the cars are not the problem at Daytona and Talladega. The tracks are. The only way to get cars separated out and put it back in the drivers hands is to create an on opportunity to get off the gas and on the brakes. As long as these 2 tracks have 30+deg. of banking and long sweeping corners, I don't think there is a solution.

This is a first. Dale Jr. Suffered a concussion in that wreck on Sunday. He will miss two races, ending his chase. Such a tough break, this has to be a first.

Especially with knowing what Concussions are doing now-a-days.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Well that sucks. Frankly, I can understand, especially with dizzy spells with concussions, which could be rather catastrophic in a car. Even though it was unofficial, I think we have our first elimination from the Chase.

Oh well, throwing my support to Kes & Denny.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived