2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Season

sportsfan0518

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone surprised? How many times has that team been caught the last few years during speedweeks? The thing is, they're not the only ones that do it, they just seem to be the ones that always get caught doing it.

If You Ain't Cheatin' , You Ain't Tryin'

If your crew chief isn't pushing the limits, you ain't racing. All the great crew chiefs push the limit and will get caught occasionally. Smokey Yunick, Robin Pemberton, Dale Inman, Larry McReynolds, Junior Johnson, Jeff Hammond have all been caught doing something "illegal". Showing up to the track and having a part confiscated by NASCAR at Daytona before the 500 and especially at a restrictor plate, is nothing new. How many times has the Gibbs organization been caught over the past five years with something that NASCAR didn't like? Remember last year and the oil pans? Oh and let's not forget the RCR group and their cheating a few years ago in the Chase with the #33 that NASCAR specifically told them a few times not to show up with a car outside of the tolerance and they still did it. Heck, Dale Inman who was just elected to the Hall of Fame had an illegal large engine at a race and the funny thing about that was that Darrell Waltrip's engine was even larger than Petty's and he got away with it. Why? Because NASCAR took all night to tear Petty's down, and Waltrip's crew left the track. Pushing the limits is part of the culture of the sport. I mean how do you take out the roots of the sport, which was doing things to run from the law because you were doing illegal things? You'll never take the 'Shine out of the sport, and that's what crew chiefs are, the 'Shiners trying to make money by outrunning the law. To Chad Knaus and all the crew chiefs, keep pushing the limits and try and out run the law. It makes the sport fun!

Yikes, something's gonna have to be done to enforce no bump drafting in the corners (like a few years back when they added a white line before the turns) or else nobody's gonna finish the 500 next week.

Also, tonight had to be the first time I've ever seen Jeff Gordon flip over

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Yikes, something's gonna have to be done to enforce no bump drafting in the corners (like a few years back when they added a white line before the turns) or else nobody's gonna finish the 500 next week.

You got that right. There were only 25 cars in the field tonight and we saw what happened. Imagine next Sunday when an additional 18 cars are out there.

BB52Big.jpg

Good race tonight and another classic Daytona finish. I agree with something will have to be done, because these cars look way to out of control when they get bumped, more than usual. I think the drivers will be asked to take it easy in the turns like they did a few short years ago.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Yeah, the Ford's look good during qualifying, I think with the whole dominance of Chevrolet in Nascar, I think Ford finally went back to the drawing board & said, we need to stop the bow tie & I think this could be a start, but the season is young.

In the mean time, starting the next year, the shootout goes back to original eligibility. Bravo Nascar, Bravo.

http://www.nascar.com/news/120219/shootout-eligibility-2013/index.html

"Next season's field will consist of 2012 Coors Light Pole winners and past Shootout winners who have attempted to qualify for at least one race during the 2012 season."

baltimoreravens.png

Danica took a hard lick in the first duel. It wasn't really her fault, just Almirola trying to make room where there wasn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wtzioHXq8I

Tony's looked solid in the two events so far, he might be able to get that first win at Daytona, but then again, the Roush cars look pretty good too. Glad to see Logano starting up there, he looked solid in the shootout and the 125 as well and I'm hoping he can stay out of trouble and get a good finish.

Danica took a hard lick in the first duel. It wasn't really her fault, just Almirola trying to make room where there wasn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wtzioHXq8I

Tony's looked solid in the two events so far, he might be able to get that first win at Daytona, but then again, the Roush cars look pretty good too. Glad to see Logano starting up there, he looked solid in the shootout and the 125 as well and I'm hoping he can stay out of trouble and get a good finish.

Almirola had nothing to do with Danica's wreck. It was 100% Jamie Mac's fault. He had a car that he couldn't control and instead of being intelligent, he thought he could race. I hope Tony Stewart sends the bill to Jamie Mac. While I like Jamie, that was a 100% stupid move for a guy who was in the race.

Looks like the first Charger body they used when the Charger came back to Dodge. Very nice though, wonder if Chevy is going to drop the Impala? Also anyone see the finish to the Truck race?

Also Miguel Paludo's crazy hard crash. These cars/trucks are so safe, and thankful for those safer barriers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQTpEFsLPgA

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Rumor on Jayski was they may go with the Malibu but the Impala is due for a heavy makeover for 2014 so they have something else in mind, I'm also hoping to see what Toyota does to make it look less like a box.

Those were some crazy crashes but I was impressed on how Ty Dillon bobbed & weaved through every crash in the last couple of laps.

baltimoreravens.png

What an awesome race that just was. Still waiting to confirm a winner. And it's James Buescher.

I thought Stewart was done for when he started to fall off, but he'd have won that race for certain had he not been put into the wall.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived