2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Season

sportsfan0518

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great race yesterday...today is going to be interesting. I'm wondering if the return of the Halfway Money in a BIG way will provide some crazy action in those laps. Lot of dough up for grabs.

I'll be pulling for Kurt Busch but I can see Smoke also running good today. Wouldn't be surprised if Danica can't finish again.

Great race yesterday...today is going to be interesting. I'm wondering if the return of the Halfway Money in a BIG way will provide some crazy action in those laps. Lot of dough up for grabs.

I'll be pulling for Kurt Busch but I can see Smoke also running good today. Wouldn't be surprised if Danica can't finish again.

The halfway deal may lead to us seeing more "small team" drivers making a run at the front to get the cash, but I can't see the big money guys risking a wreck for what, to them anyway, really isn't all that much money. I think if the name guys are in position they might take a run at it, but other than that, probably not. We'll have a better idea in a few hours.

For those of us playing SCC on ESPN...

The Red 41 Racing Team: 48, 29, 17, 9, 1.

The halfway deal may lead to us seeing more "small team" drivers making a run at the front to get the cash, but I can't see the big money guys risking a wreck for what, to them anyway, really isn't all that much money. I think if the name guys are in position they might take a run at it, but other than that, probably not. We'll have a better idea in a few hours.

Yeah, and that is what is scary to me. Honestly, it isn't like anyone is going to be able to gun it anymore than they already will be at that point- a risky move, not speed, is the danger. 200 grand for some of these teams keeps them racing...others, like you said, it's chump change.

I just have a bad feeling this race won't be run till at least 5pm ET. The good thing is there are lights, but NASCAR won't run the race if it means the fans won't be leaving the track till Midnight, so hopefully this rain can let up here in an hour so, then it'll take probably another hour to dry the track.

Yeah, and that is what is scary to me. Honestly, it isn't like anyone is going to be able to gun it anymore than they already will be at that point- a risky move, not speed, is the danger. 200 grand for some of these teams keeps them racing...others, like you said, it's chump change.

I think it would be a different story if they were awarding extra points for leading at the halfway point. But the extra cash does give the start and park teams something to shoot for. Maybe that was the goal all along. If it ever stops raining, we might get to see how it's going to play out. B)

With a second storm about two hours away, seems more and more likely that we won't see a complete race today which is really unfortunate because of all races, this is the one that should be ran all the way through, not a shortened or postponed race.

Why wouldn't they just do a night race tomorrow? Seems they will lose out on a high percentage (I would guess 75-85%) of viewers. As far as actual attendance goes, that will have to be down big time as well unless you live in the area and have the ability to miss work tomorrow. Some people have flights to catch and long drives ahead of them AFTER waiting in the rain today.

NASCAR usually doesn't want people traveling home that late. That's why the 2009 race was called.

You mean traveling home late on a night before most Americans have to work? Other than that, night races don't start until 7:30 or so...and you will be getting home late from that either way.

The 2009 race was canceled because of a severe storm...that in turn kept up until it delayed the race. If they could have finished it, they would have.

NASCAR usually doesn't want people traveling home that late. That's why the 2009 race was called.

You mean traveling home late on a night before most Americans have to work? Other than that, night races don't start until 7:30 or so...and you will be getting home late from that either way.

The 2009 race was canceled because of a severe storm...that in turn kept up until it delayed the race. If they could have finished it, they would have.

I think it also has to do with logistics. The teams are already going to be a day behind in travel. If they hold the race tomorrow night, that essentially takes away a second travel day.

So since the Daytona 500 was cancelled, I wanted to play some Nascar video games to fill the void. The last game I have is EA’s Nascar 08 for PS2, which was made in 2007. So all the drivers are with old teams, the graphics are kind of bad, and the gameplay is lacking.

Then I looked up game play and reviews for the game that came out last year, and they apparently missed the mark on the game. So that is frustrating to hear, and I wont waste money on it.

So the following is what I would do to make me happy.

• Sprint Cup, Nationwide Series, Camping World Truck series
  • Complete driver field. 43+ cars in each series.
  • Complex career mode where you build up your reputation and sign with a team and go through the ranks
  • A team editing mode, so if a driver changes teams, you can put the driver on the team
  • A create a team mode. Not just a car, a whole racing team. So with that, a pool of free agent drivers, and create a driver. Then, you can insert drivers into events to be your competition. That way, you can create teams like Stewart-Hass.
  • Have players rated with a number system. So on a scale to 99, have drivers rated on ability. Kyle Busch, and Jimmie Johnson would be about 96s, with different ratings for ratings like finishing, aggression, teamwork, passing, and luck
  • Realistic crashing. This just happened, a car got turned into the wall and flew up into the air without much damage. The car should have a completely smashed front.
  • With that, if it happened to you, based on damage, you should be able to fix the car, or scrap it.
  • Commentators option that commentate the race
  • Transition of time to be realistic to the actual night races
  • A season, chase, and tournament mode. Tournament mode, you select 32 drivers, including yourself, then 5 tracks. Then you race each race(full field), and try to beat the driver you are matched up against.
  • Every race you will earn skill points, for your career mode driver, or that will unlock unlockable features
  • The above feature will unlock paint schemes, and Legends mode. Bring back Earnhardt, Petty, Allison, Waltrip. Bring back Riverside, the Daytona Beach track. The paint schemes would be ones in the driver's history. I'm talking Rainbow Warrior, and the red DEI car with 88.

I’m just spit balling, but I think that with features like that, I could play it. You can create teams and players in every other game, so that would be cool to see in this. Instead of just updating games, someone needs to completely redo the system.

Sorry, being a nerd, but I had to share. Anyone else want to add?

Archived