DET-PHI unis (Feb 12, 12; Wings home in white)

dbadefense1990

I really wish the NHL would go back to home whites. Even though it hasn't been that way in several years, it still just doesn't look right to me when I see the road team wearing white. The Red Wings wearing white at Joe Louis just feels right.

It's gotten to the point where I am so used to the road team in their whites that it really doesn't matter to me really much. I guess it really depends on what you grew up with. I started watching hockey in the late 90s and the switch only happened a few years later, so the home whites never really stuck with me

Go A's!

I've seen enough of both. I wouldn't mind either.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Flames wore white at home a few times in the past couple seasons, the last time being Craig Conroy's 1000th game at the end of October 2010 vs Colorado.

I think it was because Vancouver was going to be wearing their white's (alternate's...with no name on the back?) at home for some reason, which was the only other game on that Avalanche road trip. So, in only to bring one set, the Flames wore white as the Avs only brought along their dark set for the short trip.

Other time was the season before IIRC, because the visiting team either had equipment issues, or the similar siutation as above.

Of course, as most of you know, the Avalanche situation was the exact reason the league switched to the current setup...with team's 3rd and alternate jersey's being rolled our across the league, and being dark colors and wanting to wear them at home, it meant travelling teams may have had to bring along a whole second set of uniforms for a road trip sometimes, which was a lot of hassle given that its an extra 3 or 4 huge bags to lug around and get through customs etc etc etc.

106336595_slide.jpg

Eh, it's either or for me but I am kind of used to the road whites now, I don't mind it. I like that teams have the option of doing home whites on occasion though.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hey everyone. Maybe it wasn't a big deal, but I saw the Red Wings in white at home today on NBC. First time I've seen a home team wear white (and road team wear the colored unis) in the NHL since the end of the 2003 SC Finals. Is this a big deal to you guys?

Sabres did it last month so Toronto could wear their new alternates.

136965078_std.jpg

136965336_slide.jpg

bufg.png

Hey everyone. Maybe it wasn't a big deal, but I saw the Red Wings in white at home today on NBC. First time I've seen a home team wear white (and road team wear the colored unis) in the NHL since the end of the 2003 SC Finals. Is this a big deal to you guys?

1870120868_Flyers_Red_Wings_Hockeyx-large.jpg

Lidstromgame_1373504cl-8.jpg

61563_Red_Wings_Flyers_Hockey.jpg

HUGE deal for me... I love home whites. It's just right. Home darks were just another failed concept of Bettman's "new" NHL. I can't wait until they go back for good, because they will.

Also, that third pic isn't from last night's game since that's Lappy in the 14 orange sweater, not Couturier who wears it now. Lappy was forced to retire and now works for Comcast Sportsnet in Philly

Sabres did it last month so Toronto could wear their new alternates.

136965078_std.jpg

136965336_slide.jpg

Sabres also wore white at home twice last season, against Columbus (who wore their alts), and against Philly in the home finale.

IeHVybT.png

i like the idea of wearing white when alts come to town. this worksfor me as i have seen both whites and colours at home.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Whites at home suck. Just do.

Completely disagree. When you see a team in white, it just automatically looks like they're the home team, to me. Besides, when the home team wears color at home, that means pretty much every game you're going to see there is that color vs white. When the home team wears white, then basically every game you get to see is white vs a different color. Football is the only sport where it just looks normal for color at home. It's always been that way. having the NHL switch at a point where the league is bigger and more well known and seen just makes it seem gimicky.

>>>

When the league made the switch in '03-'04 they announced it was supposed to be for that one season. For some reason they decided to keep it that way, I'm virtually certain that was never the intention unless they were trying to ease into it and see how the fans reacted to it. To this day I still can't get used to it.

I was a young boy when the Sabres came into the NHL along with the Canucks in '70-'71 and white was always worn at home for all NHL teams, no exceptions. That was the season the NHL switched things and made white the home uniforms which I never knew until years later. The Sabres uniforms and logo to me looked so boring, especially after having the best uniforms in the minors with the Bisons and the pepsi-cap logo. My opinion of course, but still very popular in Western NY and So Ontario.

th_trottier.jpgth_bisonsjersey2.jpg

I'd prefer they keep it this way now only because I never liked the Sabres original white uniforms and circled logo from expansion even with the slight tweak-job. The blue ones that we had worn on the road back then I always liked much better. My favorites were the colors and pattern of the original Buffalslug uniform in 2006, I just hated the Buffaslug itself. That sweater would have looked killer with the alternate 'B' logo with the sword stuck thru it IMO.

BTW, I like Toronto's new alternates and logo alot ... but still prefer the leaf with the jagged edges.

This to me would be a great looking uniform set for the Sabres, except it needs traditional collar & laces: thumbsup.gif

sabres06_alt-concept_hm.jpgsabres06_alt-concept_away.jpg

How about one half of the season home colors... the other half home whites???

I remember the NHL doing this in the 1991-92 season to commemorate the 75th anny of the league... I recall the Rangers wearing their classic/throwback home blues that season for one half of the season...

Just a thought.

It's gotten to the point where I am so used to the road team in their whites that it really doesn't matter to me really much. I guess it really depends on what you grew up with. I started watching hockey in the late 90s and the switch only happened a few years later, so the home whites never really stuck with me

In the same boat as you. Started watching in '94, so barely remember when the Devils wore white at home.

70389454.png

Archived