MWC/CUSA Universities Announce Plans to Form New Conference

dcameronh

The Conference of Misfit Toys?

51.gif

How about "Discount Dan's Bargain Footballin' Conference, Where Every Recruit Gets a Free Onion!"

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I honestly think them stating a possible 24-team conference is a bit insane. Wonder if this means them taking a few MAC teams like Temple and Akron? Both have been trying to get out of the conference, and really Temple is just there for football anyway.

Temple wants the Big East first, although if they saw this things as a means to that end they might take it.

If Akron left the MAC, I'd assume it would be for the Horizon League/Missouri Valley Football Conference Combo.

Horizon may be a step up in basketball, only because of Butler. Take them out of the equation and it would be a step down. But MVC is a FCS conference. No way we're dropping down. If football was the only criteria Memphis would still be in C-USA.

Really? I can recall at least a few times in recent memory where the Horizon/MCC sent multiple teams to the NCAA tourney. Has the MAC ever done that? (Not being snarky, I honestly don't know.)

But yeah, I don't see Akron ever leaving the MAC. If they did, at least one of the other Ohio schools in the MAC would have to come with them.

Nah, they'll just pick up a corporate sponsorship and be something like the "Big Walmart Conference."

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The Conference of Misfit Toys?

Already taken :P

I'm waiting for the Big East to make offers to Shanghai Tech and Baghdad A&M.

Then they can name their divisions Far East and Middle East.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Didn't see this mentioned yet:

They are planning on possibly ending up with up to 24 teams.

They are planning on having 4 divisions of 4-6 teams each. The 4 division champions would play in a 2-round playoff to decide the conference champion. ( For Example: Divison a champion and Division b champion would play, and the winner would play the winner of Divison c and Division d in the Championship.). Assuming the NCAA allows that.

Archived