Actual Information about Nike in 2012

DeFrank

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does anyone else think this whole concept is really lame? It really seems like a pointless waste of time to me.

Yes, and I'm stunned so many passed up infrared's eloquent post on the matter. I thought the NFL had higher standards.

P.S. most Cowboys fans could give a sh#t about the whole "America's Team" nonsense. I'm on record for wishing that idiocy a painful death.

I'm hesitant to post here, because most serious posts are going to get lost in the sea of terrible jokes from unfunny members, but here's why I don't think this is a "pointless waste of time" (at least in Nike's and the League's eyes):

Many teams rarely (if ever) change their looks. When was the last time the Raiders made a significant change that made people buy new gear? The Redskins? Chiefs? You get the point. Now, with these ridiculously-stupid mottos inside the collar, these teams can pick a new marketing slogan for each season which will force die-hard collectors or just obsessed fans to purchase new jerseys each season, because they wouldn't be caught dead with "Pride. Passion. Persistence" on the inside of their collar when that was so 2012, and this year's slogan is "One Team One Dream".

It's stupid, but at the same time brilliant.

While I certainly agree with you in regard to the marketing aspect, was it really necessary to insult the members of the board? Maybe it's not your kind of humor but it's just several people commenting on a sports logo and uniform forum. We're not curing cancer, here. Lighten up.

Absolutely. Any time a good thread gets ruined by pages of stupid jokes by dim-witted rubes it is certainly worth while to vent.

(a couple of these were funny though.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

does anyone else think this whole concept is really lame? It really seems like a pointless waste of time to me.

Yes, and I'm stunned so many passed up infrared's eloquent post on the matter. I thought the NFL had higher standards.

P.S. most Cowboys fans could give a sh#t about the whole "America's Team" nonsense. I'm on record for wishing that idiocy a painful death.

I'm hesitant to post here, because most serious posts are going to get lost in the sea of terrible jokes from unfunny members, but here's why I don't think this is a "pointless waste of time" (at least in Nike's and the League's eyes):

Many teams rarely (if ever) change their looks. When was the last time the Raiders made a significant change that made people buy new gear? The Redskins? Chiefs? You get the point. Now, with these ridiculously-stupid mottos inside the collar, these teams can pick a new marketing slogan for each season which will force die-hard collectors or just obsessed fans to purchase new jerseys each season, because they wouldn't be caught dead with "Pride. Passion. Persistence" on the inside of their collar when that was so 2012, and this year's slogan is "One Team One Dream".

While I certainly agree with you in regard to the marketing aspect, was it really necessary to insult the members of the board? Maybe it's not your kind of humor but it's just several people commenting on a sports logo and uniform forum. We're not curing cancer, here. Lighten up.

Absolutely. Any time a good thread gets ruined by pages of stupid jokes by dim-witted rubes it is certainly worth while to vent.

I blame nike...it was their idea to put stupid slogans on the insides of collars

I blame nike...it was their idea to put stupid slogans on the insides of collars

Not really, Adidas does it as well.

Whatever helps you sleep.

Joking aside, I think these teams could get slogans like this:

AFC:

Indy Colts: Rev Up (Indy 500 refrence)

Pittsburgh Steelers: Steel Curtain

Oakland Raiders: Just Win Baby!

Jacksonville Jags: Men of Teal

NE Patriots: New England's finest

NY Jets: J-E-T-S, Jets!

KC Chiefs: Sea of Red

Denver Broncos: Stampede or Mile High Tough

NFC:

GB Packers: Title Town or a famous Vince Lombardi quote

NY Giants: G-Men

Detroit Lions: Restore the Roar or D-Town (MoTown)

SF 49ers: Gold Standard

STL Rams: Charge!

NO Saints: Who Dat

PHL Eagles: Fly, Eagles, Fly

Chicago Bears: The 46 D

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Joking aside, I think these teams could get slogans like this:

NE Patriots: New England's finest

Denver Broncos: Stampede or Mile High Tough

Not sure where you got those slogans for either team.

Better ideas: Broncos: "Mile High Magic". Patriots: "The Patriot Way".

Also like "Revolutionary" for New England, but it currently has no tie-in to the team's philosophy.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived