NBA Makeovers

Gregmond

Hey, just wondering which of the NBA teams you think is in most need of a makeover (uniform, logo, etc)? Gotta be the Clippers right?

Cheers,

Gregmond!

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

You're right. Awful, awful logo. But I guess that's to be expected when the owner names the team after himself.

I'd like to see the Bucks drop the ever-so-trendy purple and return to green as the primary color, with red and silver as accents. Their logo is fantastic, I like the uniforms, but the colors are all wrong.

bucks_new.gif

Why is it that everybody that who says that they "like" the Bucks' logo say that the colors need to be changed? It's really not necessary. The colors that they were using prior to the change in the early 90's were only forest green and red. Then, there was the "80's-esque" Astros look on the side of the unis.

The Bucks are just fine the way they are. They are the only team that still uses purple as a primary color, besides the Queens and the Lakers. Their color scheme is the most unique in almost all of the big four. And no one in the 414 seems to mind it.

So please, no more re-dos of the Bucks colors. Mahalo.

dodgers-1.png

Just to be accurate, the Bucks aren't the only team using purple as a main colour, the Lakers have used it for quite a while.

Oh, yeah, and Utah, both their new version, and especially their old. (I think Utah's change was after Milwaukee's.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I think the reason people say they dont like the purple and green, is because they dont like the purple and green.

Count me into the masses who dont. The only thing worse is purple and teal.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I think the purple and green suck as well. There's a reason you keep hearing "keep the logo, change the colors" in reference to the Bucks.

I think the Jazz are in need of a complete overhaul (and apparently are getting one). And no, I'm not talking about changing names and that argument that comes up every 3 days. They just need to completely scrap the current colors and silly mountains and update what they had, which was a much better look. They need to follow what the Pistons did.

You're right. Awful, awful logo. But I guess that's to be expected when the owner names the team after himself.

I'd like to see the Bucks drop the ever-so-trendy purple and return to green as the primary color, with red and silver as accents. Their logo is fantastic, I like the uniforms, but the colors are all wrong.

bucks_new.gif

Once again, Gothamite, I have to disagree with you. What would have been good in 1984 is not always going to be good in 2004, and this is the case with the recoloring you did of the Bucks logo. I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing purple remain in the color scheme, but I agree with you in the fact that Hunter Green needs to be re-emphasized as the Bucks main color (with silver and white as the secondary and purple as the tertiary). And I don't think a reversal of Hunter Green and Purple in the away uniforms is going to suffice here. They need a complete overhaul, but please leave red in the past...

QPR%20Sig.png

Count me into the masses who dont. The only thing worse is purple and teal.

This is my unbiased opinion but I think purple and teal are easier on the eyes. The only reason I don't like the Bucks is because of their awful colors! They need to switch back to having green as the primary.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

i don't mind purple and green, cus we got silver to accent things, and also no one else has it. however i've kind of been hoping for a return to primarily green uniforms, even if they simply switched the colors around.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i don't mind purple and green, cus we got silver to accent things, and also no one else has it.  however i've kind of been hoping for a return to primarily green uniforms, even if they simply switched the colors around.

You and me both, Dis ;)

They should either keep the purple as an accent color to Hunter Green (which in and of itself isn't that good, I'll get to that later) or change it to a metallic Bronze/Copper. The problem with the shade of green that they use is that since it's such a strong color (and green uniforms particularly have this problem), there are very few colors that look good as an accent, and even then it's usually a lighter color. Purple is neutral enough to work against Hunter Green with white or silver trim, but they need a better way to incorporate the color into green away uniforms...

QPR%20Sig.png

Their color scheme is the most unique in almost all of the big four. And no one in the 414 seems to mind it.

So please, no more re-dos of the Bucks colors. Mahalo.

Hmmm... no one asked me. And trust me, plenty of people are upset that our NBA team uses the same primary color as one of our biggest NFL rivals.

I think I could tolerate the purple better if green was used as the primary, but I'd rather see them lose the purple altogether in favor of something like copper.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Hmmm... no one asked me. And trust me, plenty of people are upset that our NBA team uses the same primary color as one of our biggest NFL rivals.

Wow... no offense, but that's one of the most funniest things I've heard in a while. The red sox and yankees both use navy, (and some red in their respective logos) and that's a direct rivalry, never mind the fact that the Bucks and Vikings will never even play each other.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Hmmm... no one asked me.  And trust me, plenty of people are upset that our NBA team uses the same primary color as one of our biggest NFL rivals.

Wow... no offense, but that's one of the most funniest things I've heard in a while. The red sox and yankees both use navy, (and some red in their respective logos) and that's a direct rivalry, never mind the fact that the Bucks and Vikings will never even play each other.

That's apples & oranges. The Yanks and Sox had their colors from before they even became rivals. Not too many teams (if any) used purple before the Vikings though.

But how do you think Bostonians would feel if the Patriots switched to navy-blue pinstripped unis? The Patriots would never play the Yankees either, but purple for us carries the same connotation that pinstripes do for them.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

The Patriots did have blue stripes (not quite pinstripes) for the last uniform version before the current ones. The stripes are very subtle, but there nonetheless. The only complaints I heard in Boston were people who wanted Pat the Patriots back instead of Flying Elvis.

I like green and purple. As long as one is clearly darker than the other so you have a little contrast. I use that color combo a lot in my designs. It hasn't hurt the people over at Wimbledon and they've been using it for years.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

i don't mind purple and green together... however my least favorite color scheme on the planet is green and red... boy was i excited when my favorite team announced their alternates! :cursing:

Archived