San Jose A's

oaklandhusker

I seriously believe that mlb is the most inept sports organization in the history of american pro sports...

Gary Bettman says hi.

Every comissioner of an arena/indoor football league is calling in to say hello as well.

I wouldn't say the MLB is the most inept. For one, MLB.TV is the most genius thing ever invented in sports media.

The UFL, a staff member as they have no commissioner anymore, just called to say hi as well and then proceeded to ask for some money.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And it continues to spiral out of control. First the Giants put out a similar press release late yesterday stating in essence, "nu-uh" in response to the A's press release and reiterating that the Giants have 6 Bay Area counties as their territory and the A's have 2. Then in response to that the San Jose city council through councilman Liccardo (the guy who represents the area of the city where Cisco Field would be located), brought out the nuclear option. He raised the first time publicly the spectre of challenging baseball's Anti-Trust exemption if baseball is going to act un-American and anti-free market.

Selig deserves this quite frankly for sitting on the A's situation now for over 1091 days (that'll be 3 years in 4 days folks).

Good for San Jose! I'm surprised they waited this long.

Again, the issue I don't understand is where Bud plans to have the A's go if they can't go to San Jose. There are not any other realistically viable markets right now.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Archived