Adidas NBA Training Tops are annoying?

koreanjhee

Anyone else find the design of those nba long sleeve tops terrible? The adidas tops with the asymmetrical stripes and a random patch of color? Couldn't they put just a bit of effort into the design? Admittedly, I know that no company puts too much thought into training tops but that shirt irks me to even look at.

To see, go to 0:37 of the video. (Also, enjoy Jeremy Lin's Linsanity shot at the buzzer winning over the Raptops)

When I first saw the Sacramento Kings warm up jackets, I thought they looked great. That was before I found out that it was a league wide template. The template is awful when every team uses it.

When I first saw the Sacramento Kings warm up jackets, I thought they looked great. That was before I found out that it was a league wide template. The template is awful when every team uses it.

That doesn't make any sense. So you thought the Kings warmup jackets look bad just because other teams use the template? But it looked good when you thought they were the only team? Even though their warmups didn't change before and after you found out?

I'm going to have to disagree with pretty much everyone here. I like the warmup suits. I think that Adidas is being about as creative as they can be incorporating the triple-stripe thing, and this is really the first season they've done anything at an angle on the warmups. At least they're trying, and they aren't doing the same thing every season.

What does irk me a little is the gray warmup shirts that it seems like all teams are wearing. Gray warmup shirts seem to clash (or at least look out of place) with a lot of teams.

[i think that Adidas is being about as creative as they can be incorporating the triple-stripe thing

That's the issue. A corportate logo is one thing, but the 3-stripe abuse is annoying. Creativity and looking like crap seems to go hand-in-hand with Adidas.

[i think that Adidas is being about as creative as they can be incorporating the triple-stripe thing

That's the issue. A corportate logo is one thing, but the 3-stripe abuse is annoying. Creativity and looking like crap seems to go hand-in-hand with Adidas.

Adidas three stripes are legally considered 'a corporate logo.' They fought for that, and now have to live with it, which is why they use it on almost everything. If they don't use it to brand their products, then three stripes becomes a generic design element, and when it becomes a generic design element, anyone can use it. It's far too valuable for adidas to let it slip away like that. People may not like it, but you gotta do what you gotta do. All you can ask for are more unique ways to use the stripes.

As for the original post, it's fine to not like something, but to say that there's no effort being put into designing these things is ridiculous. This was probably the one the NBA picked out of 20-30 designs.

It's adidas forcing three stripes on things. Adidas just hasn't done anything right since taking over NBA

Except cut the weight of the uniform by nearly half.

Hello to all. I've been obsessing over this the entire season and was searching to see if anyone else thought the same, which brings me here to post. Personally, w/ the shooting shirt I'd rather see the sleeves have the color+three stripe design on both sides and move the logo to the back. The jacket would look better with a wordmark on the back, with nothing on the back now makes it look too plain. IMO that's the least they could have done.

(also found this link in my search to all the warm-ups in the league)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65516705@N00/sets/72157628444471385/

Archived