New USFL Logo

Shizznick

Looks like the first team will be the Akron Fire.

This is what they have up on twitter and facebook. They can't be serious right?

Awk7V5NCEAA03t-.jpg

It HAS to be just a placeholder. There is so much wrong about this logo...

This was done by me. I know it looks cheep. But that was the first draft. The logo has been updated since. But the owners of the Akron Fire want to use my logo so much that any updates to this logo are closed to the public. The uniform and helmet that is done with this logo will look spectacular. Trust me.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...

USFL will (supposedly) be a spring league and developmental for NFL/CFL.

I find that highly doubtful.

Actually, the NFL itself confirmed this is the arrangement that has been agreed upon if the league actually starts. The NFL is not affiliated with the USFL in regard to control or investment and the NFL expects that the USFL will have it's own funding. The Spring / Summer format is also a go. As to why the league isn't playing, leagues like this don't just form as it generally takes years to form a new league even at the semi pro level. The AAFC, the AFL (now merged with the NFL), WFL and even the USFL all took years of pre development. Adding to this leagues problems has been the forced removal of it's CEO who was just recently convicted of embezzling over a million dollars from two San Dieg companies. You can search the net for the information or just check their updated information on Wiki which is accurate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_United_States_Football_League

Jim Bailey is now the leagues CEO and a long term NFL exec which may reveal greater interest among at least some NFL owners to support this league because there's a growing number of NFL players who did not go to college. They won't play in 2014 which may be why there is confusion about the Akron franchise as they may begin play with the NDFL to get the team on the field and develop it further since that league as the NDFL is a development league after all and it already exists but at a lower level than the USFL is hoping to establish. Been following the USFL news feeds because we don't have a pro team in Alabama and many of us would like one even if on a lower tier as long as they have television airtime which is a key focus of the new USFL and one reason it's taking so long to get the league together.

Will they succeed in getting on the field? I can't say they will but I can't say they won't... just watch and see I guess.

The NFL and CFL already have development leagues. They're called NCAA D-I and CIS Football.

Not only does this league not seem to have their house in order, but they're planning on filling a niche that honestly doesn't need to be filled.

USFL will (supposedly) be a spring league and developmental for NFL/CFL.

I find that highly doubtful.

Actually, the NFL itself confirmed this is the arrangement that has been agreed upon if the league actually starts. You can search the net for the information or just check their updated information on Wiki which is accurate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_United_States_Football_League

Would you care to point out where this was stated? I went as far as to read that wiki link - nothing.

It's where I sit.

The NFL and CFL already have development leagues. They're called NCAA D-I and CIS Football.

Not only does this league not seem to have their house in order, but they're planning on filling a niche that honestly doesn't need to be filled.

I would agree up to a point, Ice_Cap. We've seen what problems teams have had with qb's who haven't played for 4-8 weeks, get signed and are expected to perform as if they've been with that team the entire season. You've got to have something for these players to keep their skills sharp if teams are going to sign them and keep them or else it's Minnesota all over again. And does anyone really think Tebow is going to be ready if someone wants to give him another shot after not playing for an entire season? Btw and off topic, Tebow could do himself a world of good if he'd haul his carcass up to Canada and work with Damon Allen.

I would agree up to a point, Ice_Cap. We've seen what problems teams have had with qb's who haven't played for 4-8 weeks, get signed and are expected to perform as if they've been with that team the entire season. You've got to have something for these players to keep their skills sharp if teams are going to sign them and keep them or else it's Minnesota all over again. And does anyone really think Tebow is going to be ready if someone wants to give him another shot after not playing for an entire season? Btw and off topic, Tebow could do himself a world of good if he'd haul his carcass up to Canada and work with Damon Allen.

there is a thing teams run every week called practice, if they can't keep their skills up on their own by pushing themselves during practice and their own time, they don't belong in the league.

Spoken like someone who's never had to go through it....

ask jerry rice, tom brady, troy aikman, michael irving, ect… how they became great, it was from practice and preparation, ask why guys like jamarcus russell failed, its because he didn't prepare, didn't stay in shape, and didn't practice on his own.

And everyone one of them would also tell you you've gotta have the snaps. Tebow can throw to receivers running routes in practice but without the snaps with and against your number one guys.....

No amount of live fire experience would improve Tebow's throwing motion.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And everyone one of them would also tell you you've gotta have the snaps. Tebow can throw to receivers running routes in practice but without the snaps with and against your number one guys.....

and they do, in practice, they don't need to go to another league and play a bunch of scrubs with guys you won't play with in the NFL when they can play against their first team defense as a scout team this way you are getting better relationships, and communications with your team, and you are learning your teams play book, not the usfl playbook.

Archived