Interesting Cubs logo variation

dirwuf

I honestly don't see what's up with the hate about the Cubs logo/jerseys. I think they've got one of the better looks in baseball.

Home uniform, yes. However the roads come off as boring and bland. As mentioned above, do a variation of the underlined-wordmark uniforms, then they'd be improved. But as they are now, the seperate blue lettering trimmed in only white and red numbers, also trimmed in only white, just doesn't look good.

I wish they'd change the road look up every few years like they used to. I always kinda thought that was their "thing": home never changes (or only minor tweaks) but road is where they can experiment and F around.

I wouldn't mind a gray UBS jersey (sans pinstripes) or possibly a "HI" jersey (big C of course).

I've always thought that Chicago is one of the most aesthetically pleasing city names, what with all the curves and loops. It makes for a great script, and I think that the Cubs could pull one off that's different enough from the White Sox and still look great.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sleeve trim on pinstripe uniforms look extremely amateurish and 70's-80's-garish. Flat out ugly. Their home uniforms absolutely do not need to be altered except maybe swapping sleeve patches.

I agree. Their home jersey shouldn't be touched other than a new patch. The previous patch ??-96 was better than the current one, IMO. The current one is bad as a sleeve logo and terrible as a default primary, as it is used as the primary logo on pretty much all merchandise. Use the classic circle logo on all merchandise and come up with a new bear-in-circle logo that doesn't suck.

Also, I agree that they need to change their road set. I think the late '50s look would be good. All lettering should be blue with a red outline. No red number, no white at all. And the Cubs only need one cap. The Tigers are the only team whose look is improved by adding a second cap, and even with them it's not necessary.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Count me in as another that isn't a fan of the cubs road uniforms. I actually think that the blue Jerseys are better than the current Grays. I think that's a pretty good sign that you need a new gray Jersey.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Yeah, way to kick Cubs fans when they're down. "Bad enough you haven't won a World Series in over 100 years, but now we're gonna make you look like crap, too."

Shameless self-promotion: 103 years ...and counting!

I agree about the Cubs only needing one cap, and I'd say it's the version with the red bill.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The "chicago" script is certainly dull, but the fact that they axed the red bills on the road cap cemented their road look as being arguably the most boring in baseball. Home jerseys are in my eyes 'untouchable'.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Count me in as another that isn't a fan of the cubs road uniforms. I actually think that the blue Jerseys are better than the current Grays. I think that's a pretty good sign that you need a new gray Jersey.

Agreed. When I was a little bit younger, I actually thought the blue jersey was the roadie. It just seemed like they wore that one a whole lot more than the gray, but now it's gray full time. In my opinion, it seems like the font is either arched awkwardly or the letters are too small or something.

I wonder if Zambrano's exile will mean a cutback in blue jersey appearances. Fine by me.

I always kinda thought that was their "thing": home never changes (or only minor tweaks) but road is where they can experiment and F around.

I feel this is the case with a few other teams: Cubs, Tigers, Mets, Giants offhand.

The Cubs' roads are another one, also like the Tigers, that high definition has made kind of pointless. There's no reason blue outlined in red can't be on grey, rather than blue in white and red on white. The 1960s roads are your best bet. The current road script, which appears to be both radially and vertically arched, is quite ugly.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah, way to kick Cubs fans when they're down. "Bad enough you haven't won a World Series in over 100 years, but now we're gonna make you look like crap, too."

Shameless self-promotion: 103 years ...and counting!

I agree about the Cubs only needing one cap, and I'd say it's the version with the red bill.

Disagree. That was one of the worst caps. Besides, two-colored caps look horrible with pinstripes. Can't explain it, but it just does. The all-blue caps are definitely their best and all they need.

Yeah, the red bills were ugly.

A royal blue crown with a red bill (and a white bean, for the hell of it) would've been a nice way for the Rangers to have their own place in the blue/red sphere, rather than forever dither between all blue and all red. Best of both worlds!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived