Royals and Mighty Ducks Logos

Chief.

Thought I'd share a couple of logos I mocked up recently. Embracing the idea of integrating a lion into the Royals' identity and modernizing/re-thinking the Mighty Ducks' Disney identity. WHO GAVE THAT DUCK A MASK?!

Royals2-1.png

MD2.png

The lion is off to a good start.

The duck is absurd. It looks like something from Rocko's Modern Life.

432772.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

My first thought is that these are too abstract. Very well rendered, but too abstract. The lion logo for the Royals could definitely work. It is probably the best use I've seen of royal, powder, and gold together. The Royals right now do a terrible job of using them together.

The Ducks, however, has way too little detail. It's a good start, but I really don't think that it would work as a jersey crest.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Interesting update for the duck mask. The only suggestion I have for fixing that part of the logo up would be to sort out the other side of the face, it looks almost like a large bulging eye of black, which just looks odd when compared to the eye we're seeing face on. My preference as a fan would be to not have the mallard neck there, but I think that would look better if you thicken it, duck necks aren't exactly skinny.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived