Houston Colt .45s jersey back....

johnnysama

I wonder if this has to do more with Colt Manufacturing than with PC (which I agree is a worthless movement). If I remember right, that's what caused the whole mess in the 60's. Take a look at the logos...

coltlogo9.gif

1094.gif

That smoke is worth a number of lawsuits.

Looks completely different to me.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just when I think that America can't be more of a :censored:. I'm sorry. This is rediculous. Wash Bullets, Tampa Smokers, Houston .45s. If you're in it, then go the whole way. If it's too racey, then don't do it at all. I just can't believe, seriously how weak the country is. I'm a HS teacher, you should see the stuff that goes on. I would love to time warp "men's men" like John Wayne or General Patton to 2012 and take them out on the town.

KISSwall09.jpg

I'm generally in favor of political correctness and gun control, but this is ridiculous. Like I said in the MLB uniform changes megathread, if the MLB is doing this to "protect children from firearms" or something along those lines, it's pretty useless. Kids play with toy guns all the time. Kids will go home and watch a movie/play a video game where the protagonist will likely shoot someone, perhaps shoot many someones.

This is utterly ridiculous.

spacer.png

This reminds me of when the Rays weren't allowed to have a cigar on their "Smokers" throwbacks. They didn't want to promote the use of tobacco, but its ok to have Bronson Arroyo pack a fat lip while he pitches a game?

IIRC, the cigar just looked like a turd, so no real loss.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

f the MLB is doing this to "protect children from firearms" or something along those lines, it's pretty useless.

Never underestimate how dumb people can be and how fast they can get litigious. If even one idiot kid shot someone else and some lawyer was able to tie it to the MLB in a very tenuous way, it would cost far more money in legal fees to fight it than it would in whatever sales they would lose from purists.

Or maybe the Astros can fight this by having on before that game's broadcast that very special episode of 90210 where David's idiot friend shots himself while twirling his dad's gun. Luke Perry can throw out this first pitch and point to the gun on the uniform saying, "Stay away from these things, kids."

The Astros are celebrating 50 years (their last one as an NL team :cursing: ). I wish they would just forgo the Colt 45 uniforms if they can't represent them faithfully. Unfortunately, the Astros now have a weasel as an owner, who was willing to sell out their NL heritage for a lower price to buy them (a $70 million dollar discount), so I'm sure there was no resistance to Bud Selig when they were told to remove the gun.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Just when I think that America can't be more of a :censored:. I'm sorry. This is rediculous. Wash Bullets, Tampa Smokers, Houston .45s. If you're in it, then go the whole way. If it's too racey, then don't do it at all. I just can't believe, seriously how weak the country is. I'm a HS teacher, you should see the stuff that goes on. I would love to time warp "men's men" like John Wayne or General Patton to 2012 and take them out on the town.

I hope your subject's not English. :P

If our military and law enforcemenet didn't have guns, what would it be like?

I can't stand this society of anti-guns and blaming guns for every crime. If someone wants to kill someone, they are going to do it with any weapon they can find.

A person uses the gun to kill, guns don't kill by themselves.

Political correctness and idiocy has taken a terrible turn in this country.

Criminals cause problems with any tool they can, stop blaming the tools they decide to assist in their crimes.

2ly2w09.jpg

It's sad. Welcome to the world of PC.

What's next? Can we no longer refer to Pete Maravich as Pistol Pete?

Pretty much. What a bunch of nonsense. So if we don't put the gun on the jersey, people will forget that guns exist? :rolleyes: They were called the "Colt .45s" for Pete's sake. Maybe if the media and the "powers that be" started treating people like adults, people might start actually acting like adults. I get being PC when it comes to matters of race, handicaps, etc. There's not a thing in the world wrong with being sensitive to issues that warrant sensitivity. This however is complete bull- :censored:.

That's my 2 cents. B)

BB52Big.jpg

I can't take any argument seriously when you're using this as a jump off point.

Not my problem.

They utilize guns to get their respective jobs done. You can't be anti-war, anti-gun, be whatever. Bottom line, how would we have won many wars than gave us the freedoms we enjoy without guns?

I mean, it worked out really well in England during those riots a few months back...false, it did not.

You can keep responding, but you're wrong and you won't do anything to change my mind. Might as well give up and go back to writing letters to local lefties whining that guns are the biggest evil in this world.

2ly2w09.jpg

I can't take any argument seriously when you're using this as a jump off point.

Not my problem.

They utilize guns to get their respective jobs done. You can't be anti-war, anti-gun, be whatever. Bottom line, how would we have won many wars than gave us the freedoms we enjoy without guns?

I mean, it worked out really well in England during those riots a few months back...false, it did not.

You can keep responding, but you're wrong and you won't do anything to change my mind. Might as well give up and go back to writing letters to local lefties whining that guns are the biggest evil in this world.

Wow, you're serious aren't you? Yikes.

I'm not saying I'm anti or pro anything, that's none of your business, old sport. All I was saying is how ridiculous you sound. Regardless of your point of view you sound like a huge jackass. I'm wrong before I even gave my actual thoughts? Typical. Congrats bud, you just won an argument with yourself.

Archived