Houston Colt .45s jersey back....

johnnysama

Bottom line, how would we have won many wars than gave us the freedoms we enjoy without guns?

And seeing how guns are used to win baseball games, I can very clearly see your point. Your Saran Wrap miniskirt, on the other hand, let's me clearly see you're nuts.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do your knees handle jerking so hard?

Seriously, there's a big difference between being politically incorrect and just being a jerk.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Bottom line, how would we have won many wars than gave us the freedoms we enjoy without guns?

And seeing how guns are used to win baseball games, I can very clearly see your point. Your Saran Wrap miniskirt, on the other hand, let's me clearly see you're nuts.

Then why are guns being take off a uniform if it has nothing to do with winning or losing baseball games? Oh that's right, because the symbolism a gun stands for is just horrendous, my oh my are guns just a terrible thing to have.

Nice miniskirt joke. Sorry, I'm not your father. Crossdressing isn't my thing.

Back onto more topical issues, historical jerseys seem to be never done correct. That bothers me quite a bit. We have this great new fad with throwbacks being used, but they aren't always done the proper way. This shouldn't come to a surprise to anyone.

If I was the owner, I'd do what I wanted. Walk their asses out their with the gun on their jersey. Forfeit the game? Who knows, but make it happen. If you're wealthy enough to own a team you can afford the consequences to keep history accurate for you team.

2ly2w09.jpg

I figure one thing, they should probably have simply gone with the old shooting star set. It'd still have evoked the 60s, and they wouldn't have had to remove anything that absolutely HAD to be present on the uniform.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I figure one thing, they should probably have simply gone with the old shooting star set. It'd still have evoked the 60s, and they wouldn't have had to remove anything that absolutely HAD to be present on the uniform.

I'm pretty sure that the Astros are doing that "different throwback every month for Friday home games" for their 50th anniversary like the Angels did last year, so since the Colt .45s version is set for April I suspect we will see the 60s navy shooting star in May, the orange shooting star in June (not sure if they're planning to use the 1971 plain one or the 1972-1974 version with sleeve stripes and the sansbelt pants), Tequila Sunrise guts in July, Tequila Sunrise racing stripe in August, and the 90s navy/gold in September.

Still sucks that MLB (per the Lukas site) forced them to remove the gun from the Colt .45s jerseys. If I was the owner I would have the team show up with a no-logo jersey (just the number on the back) to piss off Selig. Hell, it will only work out to being worn for two games in Apri anyway.

They are wearing that too, along with the Rainbow Guts jersey and 90s uniforms. The Astros are doing what the Angels did last year and wearing 5 different throwbacks for Friday games.

If I was the owner, I'd do what I wanted. Walk their asses out their with the gun on their jersey. Forfeit the game? Who knows, but make it happen. If you're wealthy enough to own a team you can afford the consequences to keep history accurate for you team.

Yeah, what the hell could the MLB do? We're already being sent to the AL West. How much more can the Astros be punished?

BTW - I'm against the gun not being on the throwback though not surprised. Frankly, I don't care for handguns. I've had a more than one pointed at me and it was always by someone trying to be tougher than their puny body could allow. My family is an Army family with someone serving in every war since D-Day. We have a hunting rifle.

But handguns owned by civilians always seemed... I dunno, desperate. I hear a lot from gun nuts about how owning a gun is the basis for our liberty but all those people who say that seem to be the type of wusses who haven't served. It seems to be about having a metal ding dong that is able to shoot death. And when you think of it like that, why does baseball need a gun penis metaphor when they already have a natural one with the baseball bats?

Despite our disagreements on if this is PC or not, one thing I think we can all agree on -- those Colt .45 home uniforms with the smoking gun were really sweet.

The script, insofar as it is a script, is clunky, and the nickname "Colt .45s" is certainly among the more cumbersome. "Legendary Colt .45 Craig Biggio" sounds silly and weird. With the rename to Astros, we really dodged a bullet!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They are wearing that too, along with the Rainbow Guts jersey and 90s uniforms. The Astros are doing what the Angels did last year and wearing 5 different throwbacks for Friday games.

Check out what's in the link, though...

0922_decades1.jpg

I'm not saying they didn't remove it, but they definitely planned to have the gun on it.

bSLCtu2.png

yep, soon we will be naming teams Wind, Rain, Sun, kittens, teddy bears, frogs, clouds, crickets, any color, lakes, flowers...or naming them after corporate sponsors. Big Macs, Whoppers, Soft Tacos.

Heh, the Philippine Basketball Association does that and they have some funny team names.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I just don't see the point of doing a "throwback" unifrom without utilizing all the elements of the uniform.

However, I'm sure that Antonio Gramsci and the guys down at the Frankfurt School could weave a critique that it was a sign of social progress.

This new Astro regime is beginning to stink.

LehQRaC.png

I just don't see the point of doing a "throwback" unifrom without utilizing all the elements of the uniform.

However, I'm sure that Antonio Gramsci and the guys down at the Frankfurt School could weave a critique that it was a sign of social progress.

This new Astro regime is beginning to stink.

It's not the management's fault. This one's on the league.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived