US soccer badge

shaydre1019

Anyone that knows US soccer knows the DTOM snake and realizes he utilized it into a new design. As others have said, he didn't attempt to pass it off on as his own. I fail to see how this is any different to any other concept on the boards that utilizes existing team imagery for a concept.

• 4 weeks later...

I kind of wish they used a fresh take on the WC '94 logo as their banner.

world-cup-1994-logo.gif

and I thought I was the only one who liked that logo (and the denim kit).

Now I'm not saying there couldn't or shouldn't be great totally different logos, if seen some on these forums for example)

New England Revolution use a similar "logo", with the stars worked into it.

newenglandrevolution.gif

all that would be needed IMO is some kind of frame/outer shape, whether it's a circle, box, triangle or whatever + the usual question US Soccer, US Soccer Federation, USA or none of it...

I like the concepts, especially the bolder blue circled one, however I'm not a fan of the don't tread on me and snakes in general.

Has it ever been announced why the USSF, uses the blue/white stripes for their logo?

I wonder if you could turn the panels of the ball from a "volleyball" appearance into the hexagon/pentagon design that most Americans recognize as a soccer ball.

The volleyball appearance is more classic. Most soccer fans like the volleyball design better (I'm guessing), and the fans that don't recognize the classic volleyball design I don't think are passionate enough to care what the ball design on the crest is. Plus I think the hexagon/pentagon design is a little cartoonish. Most soccer balls don't have that design anymore.

Archived