Soccer Concepts - (Tottenham Hotspur added)

curswine

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Huelva Kit is just a pan of paella and a couple of castanets away from being racist rather than stereotypically Spanish. :D

g1-disfraz-sevillana-andaluza-flamenca-topos-g.jpg

Or as the fans have deemed it (rather angrily):

220px-Minnie_Mouse.gif

Back on track... some nice concepts but I do find it hard to judge without shorts and socks. Guess I'll just have to use my imagination. That Colo Colo away kit reminds me of retro cricket jerseys.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Ha, yeah Minnie Mouse is a good comparison. I think they could have got away with the polka dots if they were toned down some, say a bit smaller perhaps in darker red instead of being the total focal point for the whole kit.

I had no idea what you was on about with the retro cricket jerseys remark until I Googled retro cricket and now it's perfectly clear :grin:, and yeah it does resemble them quite a bit. The actual idea behind it is to represent the flag of the Mapuche people, an indigenous tribe from Chile/Argentina who Colocolo (who the club is named after) was leader a of, so I thought it could be fitting to bring that to a shirt and work in some pretty unique colours.

Queen's Park Rangers - http://kitstrikotcamisasmaillot.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/queens-park-rangers-qpr.html

QPR.jpg

QPR_away.jpg

QPR, Feyenoord and Frankfurt all solid IMO. I particularly like how prominent the sponsor on QPR is, as I feel it gets lost on this season's shirt. I also think it ties in the lotto logos well, as sometimes they can stand out and not feel right, but here they definitely feel part of the shirt - if you get what I'm saying.

Also on an unrelated note, I love Krombacher Beer.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Thanks, some people hate sponsors even being even on shirts but I'm of the mind that they should be embraced and integrated as not only are the team making money off of them but it can also help with both organisations brand recognition if they look good together. I think in more recent seasons QPR have been trying to phase out the use of red in their kits but to me it's what I associate with QPR, thin blue hoops on a white background with red highlights, it makes them QPR in my mind. Lotto very rarely compromise the red colour of their brand but here it can be nicely embraced I think instead of being ruined like Wonga did with Blackpool for example.

On that same unrelated note I'm not sure I've ever tasted a Krombacher and I've been to Germany a very good number of times, saying that I probably have but just not realised.

For these shirts I was just messing about with circle patterns and the same Jako template I made seeing if I could do anything like the previous Frankfurt kits in real life and this Samp shirt just came to fruition. It's not to be taken too seriously, just Samp are one team whose kit changes could be counted on one finger each season so for the fun I followed through on it.

Sampdoria - http://kitstrikotcamisasmaillot.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/uc-sampdoria.html

Sampdoria.jpg

Sampdoria_away.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Weird to be getting positive comments on the Sampdoria kit, I tried something a little different with them before and got absolutely slated on it, might have just been the style I was using at that time though, thanks.

St. Mirren - http://kitstrikotcamisasmaillot.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/st-mirren-fc.html

St_Mirren.jpg

St_Mirren_away.jpg

• 5 months later...

Archived