New USA Basketball logo

illini1

Eh, mildly disappointing. Pretty on par with the college football Pro Combat they made this past season. I don't hate the wordmark, but I don't love it either.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And just because it hasn't been posted yet, it's a far sight better than this:

ib411.jpg

Not at all, those were great. The wordmark wasn't very good and the neck should have matched the shoulder cuffs, but those are the only things that could improve it. Great template and the classic Orlando Magic font, which is one of the best proprietary fonts ever.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It looks cool enough.

ib411.jpg

It does look silly with the block USA so close to the main USA. Too close together to be so different with the same letters.

The new one isn't too bad. People will get use to it. C+...maybe a B- after I see them in action.

The uniform design itself is pretty nice, minus the stripe across the back. But the "USA" is just terrible. I loved the previous "USA" and numerals, even the red USA trimmed in navy with navy numbers trimmed in silver. Just adding those to these uniforms would help this tremendously.

ib411.jpg

Not at all, those were great. The wordmark wasn't very good and the neck should have matched the shoulder cuffs, but those are the only things that could improve it. Great template and the classic Orlando Magic font, which is one of the best proprietary fonts ever.

Nice side paneling, but I can't agree on the rest of your assertions. I will say that I loved them at the time, though (age 11).

These new ones, though, are not good. The paneling looks like 2002, not 2012. Shoulder panel, pit panel and thigh panel, all non-linear? This just isn't innovative- or revolutionary-looking at all, beyond the hideous wordmark.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived