brandIDENTITY: Rumble In "The Jungle"

tBBP

i dont see the point of changing the secondary logo to a "C". what does this accomplish? if anything, the identity loses originality because, though no one will mistake the two teams marks, there is already a NFL team with an orange "C" which comes with a ton of brand equity.

That's a good point. I was going to say maybe go with an interlocking "CB," but that could apply to three orange-clad teams! Maybe it's best not to do a letter logo and keep the emphasis on the tiger head and all their tiger-striped things. They're not really a classic team.

I really like the concept, and can't see why they didn't think to use matching numerals instead of drop-shadowed DIN. It looks much better your way, and partially mitigates the Bengals being in the big copycat world of notchy, serify wordmarks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

i dont see the point of changing the secondary logo to a "C". what does this accomplish? if anything, the identity loses originality because, though no one will mistake the two teams marks, there is already a NFL team with an orange "C" which comes with a ton of brand equity.

That's a good point. I was going to say maybe go with an interlocking "CB," but that could apply to three orange-clad teams! Maybe it's best not to do a letter logo and keep the emphasis on the tiger head and all their tiger-striped things. They're not really a classic team.

My only real reason for doing that monogram was because of my personal pet peeve of monograms that are the first letter of the nickname rather than the city/location name. Left to me, I'd leave the logo package to just the tiger head and the jumping tiger...but, I figured I'd float that "C" out there anyway and see what people thought of it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I feel ya, Buc. To me, even as a lifelong Bengals fan, the 'Striped B' logo always seemed redundant. As such, I own no gear with the 'Striped B' logo on it. Straight 'Tiger Head' for me.

Also, I really dig the 'Striped C'. Yes, the Bears already have an orange 'C', but they're so different that I honestly don't think anyone would get them confused.And seeing how I'm a Bengals fan and my first name starts with the letter C, I'd buy the :censored: out of a hat with that logo on it.

Sigs are for sissies.

Archived