Erie SeaWolves

creativelysain

I really like both the wolf and the wordmark separately but they look a little awkward together right now. Like the wolf is just plopped on top of the name. And like slapshot said, the first "S" in Seawolves looks a tad crooked compared to the second one. The colors are nice, too.

I really like the logo, and I really like the wordmark, but putting the two together just doesn't work out very well. Maybe you should experiment with having the wordmark above the logo.

You've got a great improvement on a team with a pretty terrible logo. I wish the actual organization had something closer to what you have here.

Keep working on it. Maybe you should try to fit something that better identified the city of Erie with the secondary. I like it, but it doesn't really say much.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Damn, this is a nice update. Compared to what they have now (and I never noticed how bad the wordmark is, too), this is obviously a major upgrade. I think hockey week hit the nail on the head with the wordmark. They feel seperate when they are together for some reason, I think it's because of the way you have the top of the wordmark-- it feels enclosed to me. Not a bad thing, but it makes having the logo on top look like just that. I think it could work on top because of this.

My only other comment is that something about the snout is striking me as 'off'. I can't really put my finger on it, but the snout/jaw seems too long. It could be the bottom jaw, or maybe I'm just crazy. Nice work on this!

Nice Start.

Whats throwing me off is the white highlight at end of nose followed by the black and then the tip. It is square in teh center of the logo and gives a sense of disconnect. First look i thought the fangs were upside down.

Maybe connect the tip to rest, but where it is now isnt doing it for me.

Your logo looks very similar to the New Mexico Lobos and the South Dakota Coyotes. Not a knock on your work, just saying that I can notice the differences, but an untrained eye (or copyright lawyer) might think otherwise. Did you get inspiration from those logos?

Nice work overall, though. It's a definite upgrade over the current set.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Good look as a whole but this could use some minor detail adjustments. The coloring of the wolf's snout for example, makes it somewhat resemble a boar so perhaps you could add some silver shading to give the muzzle some canine definition. The wordmark I'm a fan of, as I don't have anything to add that has already been addressed.

Midway.png

Your logo looks very similar to the New Mexico Lobos and the South Dakota Coyotes. Not a knock on your work, just saying that I can notice the differences, but an untrained eye (or copyright lawyer) might think otherwise. Did you get inspiration from those logos?

I don't see that at all..

spacer.png

Was bored the other week and wanted to get my creative juices flowing so I mocked up a little re-do of the Erie SeaWolves. They need a makeover badly so here's what I would do for them. Give me so me good critiques guys.

Erie-SeaWolves-Brand-1.gif

I pretty much agree with everything already said here. One very small thing that's bothering me are the "dimples" in the knobs of the bats. It makes the ends of the bats look kind of like bones. Not sure if it was intentional or not...but it just looks odd to me. Great start.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived