BLUELANDbeliever

Columbus Blue Jackets concept

I used the current RBK Edge template and made 3 variations of an idea that popped in my head. The crest 'CBJ' logo was something i hand-cut from the Jackets' script listed here on CCSL. I know they arent the best but let me know what yall think. Throw some ideas/modifications at me too. I'd like to see this look near perfect.

cbjconcept.jpg

cbjconcept2.jpg

(in this next one, i changed the shoulder patch to the current 3rd jersey crest)

cbjconcept3.jpg

I like that you tried to work in the neon green... unlike most people, I love the way it looks with their navy and red, and feel it can be their thing. That being said, if you're going to use the neon green, it has to be more than just collar trim.

Well...the CBJ crest uses red, white and blue. You can keep some silver, but the stripes should have some rw&b just like the logo.

If you wanna use the neon green, bring back the bug-head as a shoulder patch.

I think any fundamental problem designing a CBJ jersey has to do with the name of the city and the team's nickname. When people think of the name of "Columbus", they think about the explorer more than the city in Ohio. The name "Blue Jackets" conjures up images of either a pseudo-zoological insect or an item of clothing and the acronym of said team more resembles a vulgar double entendre rather than an acronym for a sports team. (Cue Beavis and Butthead) I'm going to cobble up a concept I thought of by the end of the weekend that hopefully avoids all 4 of those dilemmas (This time, with better photo software).

None of these jerseys have a good flow and they jersey logo blends in too much with the actual jersey. I'd clean this up a little bit and I think it would have some potential.

Try using the colours evenly across the jersey, maybe adding some Hem Stripes and contrasting script logo.

Ditch the green, the generic fill-tool "striping", and the grey. Try to make the "CBJ" flow a bit more and fix the shoulder patches. There's no need for them to face in the same direction.

I don't want to sound negative, but this is a train wreck. The CBJ emblem on every sweater looks terrible and doesn't flow well with the color schemes you're using, especially the neon green. Not to mention the thick grey, blue, and red block stripes are too overpowering and take away from the design. I suggest going back to the drawing board on this one and think about it.

thanks for the tips guys. ill review them and see what i can tweak. gonna be a little while. Just got a new job :)