Utah State new logo

Ry

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new logos are great, but all of the uniforms are terrible. I only like the home set for the football team.

The uniforms aren't terrible, they are nice and clean, the way uniforms are suppose to be. There's no stupid piping, there's no stupid whatever the hell Under Armor throws on uniforms. It's got the school name, a number, some stripes and that's all uniforms need. End of story.

That grey is a little strange...on the uniforms it looks like a true grey, but on the logos it looks almost like sand...

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

That grey is a little strange...on the uniforms it looks like a true grey, but on the logos it looks almost like sand...

Yeah, it's a lot like (maybe identical to) the grey that Air Force wore this past season that someone on this board vehemently defended as sand

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

I miss the good 'ole days when I either completely hated Pro-Combat uniforms or completely loved them. It seems like there are a lot more of these overly "safe" middle of the road P-Combat unis coming out that just don't seem to commit to one thing or another. Its as if they are trying to be clean and safe, but then they are trying to be slightly daring with blended colors and patterns on helmets and numbers. I don't like this new trend. I wish they would do one thing or the other, not both.

Utah State, welcome to the good football uniforms club. Have a seat right next to Florida and Texas. Seriously, I love these. Simple, yet effective. The Blue,White,White is beautiful.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Some initial thoughts from an Aggie...I was at the unveiling and saw the uniforms, and snapped some picutres. I'll post them a little later.

--I love the bull logo; easily the best logo in the package.

--A little bummed about the gray being lighter, but in its defense, it is consistent with the silver/gray USU's worn for the last 20 years or so...it's not GFGS like so many other schools (Purdue, Kent State, etc.). I'll wait to see them in action to find out if they come across as "dirty white" or not. I can see why someone could think of the gray (in scripts, anyways) as pinkish, but it appears more sandy if not gray. Uniform-wise, they look more true gray.

--Knnhrvy16 said it best about the "U-State" logo..."mehh." (sic) :P Not bad, but not great either. It looks miles better on the football helmets and on the women's basketball stripe pattern than it does anywhere else (as far as uniforms go), but it is a little underwhelming.

--The football uniforms stick out to me as the best...I'm surprised that they actually went with a gray alternate. I'm a fan of the pants stripes (one of my pleasant surprises), as well. There's also a lot of good mix-n-match options as well; I can't wait to see Navy Helmet/White Jersey/Navy Pants, Navy/Gray/Navy, White/Navy/White or White/Navy/Gray.

--The women's basketball uniforms are quite sharp; love the linear, gradient-esque pattern.

--While I like them, I'm just not sure how much concerning the men's basketball set. They're simple on the front, but there's a half-shoulder yoke (on the back), and I'm not sure what to think of it. Maybe it will grow on me after seeing them in action, but right now, the basketball uniforms might be better without it. Aside from that, they're good.

I like the simplicity and uniformity of the entire set. While the fonts and uniforms have a somewhat Michigan State vibe to them (in blue), they are a good representation of the school and its science/engineering/mathematics programs (the reason I'm going here and not somewhere warmer :P). The simplicity across the board also keeps in line with the generally traditional look the school's teams have had over the years--that a good thing to me.

The gradient patterns on the football helmets and numbers remind me of logarithmic spirals--something you might find on the cover of an advanced math textbook (that's what I think, anyways). That's a good thing.

Nike did a good job of doing something new and different in small parts in places while at the same time keeping a traditional look overall. Not everything's perfect--there could be a little more striping/color on the men's basketball set, but at least Nike didn't go overboard. My grade: B+. (I might be a little biased, but whatever). :P

The bull conjures up images of this:

2262237772_8f8d3e0248_z.jpg?zz=1

Maybe they were going for this.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Is that a black carbon football helmet?

Nope...it's navy blue. I recall some people talking about the helmets and thought that they, too, were black. Even I did when I saw them, I thought the same, until light hit them. No worries, USU isn't going BFBS.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived