OHL in Hamilton?

nash61

The OHL may want to be in Erie because it allows them to claim the entire state of Pennsylvania, one which is producing more hockey players than ever, for priority selections. To that end, I'm very surprised they don't have a team in Western New York, unless junior hockey has already decided that the OHL gets all native New York Staters.

The location of franchises do not determine what league players in those areas go to (although, it happens that the locations of said franchises fall in those areas.). All states, provinces, and territories have been assigned.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Apparently today the Otters against the Niagara Ice Dogs had to use a forward in net. He let in 13 goals, but was named the game's first star... :lol:

and again how is this garbage the fans fault? Yeah let's move them to Canada and they'll be the best team in the OHL!!

Apparently today the Otters against the Niagara Ice Dogs had to use a forward in net. He let in 13 goals, but was named the game's first star... :lol:

and again how is this garbage the fans fault? Yeah let's move them to Canada and they'll be the best team in the OHL!!

What the hell? I was just commenting on a sporting event that was somewhat humourous, it just happen to be the Erie Otters and so somewhat appropriate for this thread. The story of a forward playing goal is kind of a throwback to hockey a hundred years ago. I would have made the same comment if this was a Hamilton team.

Paranoid much?

tigercatssignature-1.png

What the hell? I was just commenting on a sporting event that was somewhat humourous, it just happen to be the Erie Otters and so somewhat appropriate for this thread. The story of a forward playing goal is kind of a throwback to hockey a hundred years ago. I would have made the same comment if this was a Hamilton team.

Paranoid much?

I half expected one of their coaches to come out to play net when I saw the story on TV this morning. I mean, you do what you can, when a forward has to play net, you've pretty much lost already. It's good that he didn't hurt himself with all that flopping on the ice.

Hamilton has been home to several teams over the years (The Fincups, Steelhawks, and Dukes), and there is no way to tell how the city would respond to a new Junior team in the area. Obviously it doesn't help that they are Montreal's team in a city ajacent to Toronto, but one would think that they would support a team from their city ahead of a Toronto based team (after all, The Ticats and Argos have a long and sorid history.)

Then again, CHL hockey is a big step away from AHL hockey. They would be in a great geographical position in between Niagara, Kitchener, London, Brampton and Mississauga, and you can bet teams will be happy to save on travel expenses (I hear the raod trips to Saginaw are brutal)

So what happened to the Junior A, B and C affiliates? They couldn't get a goalie to Erie?

If not, it's an extreme case, and putting someone in net who doesn't play goalie on a regular basis is risky, I'd rather Niagara loan their backup to Erie then. Seems less risky.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

From what I've been hearing, both of their goalie prospects play in junior C and are still in playoffs, and the Otters didn't want to remove them from that, so they used just the one goalie (not expecting that he would get injured less than 2 minutes into the game).

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

From what I've been hearing, both of their goalie prospects play in junior C and are still in playoffs, and the Otters didn't want to remove them from that, so they used just the one goalie (not expecting that he would get injured less than 2 minutes into the game).

That is exactly right. The forward that went in was a guy by the name of Connor Crisp.

Here is the Sportsnet story including some video.

And a Canadian Press story with James Reimer saying some positive things about Crisp.

Reimer impressed by Erie's emergency fill-in

tigercatssignature-1.png

That is exactly right. The forward that went in was a guy by the name of Conner Connor Crisp.

And a Canadian Press story with James Reimer saying some positive things about Crisp.

This guy went to my high school, funny good on him for having the balls to go in, but glad he didn't do well. His ego is already alrge enough.

untitled-6.jpg

That is exactly right. The forward that went in was a guy by the name of Conner Connor Crisp.

This guy went to my high school, funny good on him for having the balls to go in, but glad he didn't do well. His ego is already alrge enough.

Grrrrr...I can't believe I spelt Connor with a 'e'... :(

tigercatssignature-1.png

That is exactly right. The forward that went in was a guy by the name of Connor Crisp.

I ended up seeing that Sportsnet article/video last night. Funny thing was that the first thing I thought was "Well this explains all my questions asked on the board earlier today.".

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Okay so Erie isn't looking like it's moving...this year....

Bassin; Otters close to multi-year lease agreement

Bassin, Erie Otters managing partner and general manager, confirmed Wednesday he has moved closer to finalizing a new multi-year Tullio Arena lease with the Erie County Convention Center Authority.

"I'd like to think we're real close," Bassin said before the Otters' 10-6 loss against Plymouth, which was played in front of 2,256 fans at Tullio Arena.

Bassin said he agreed in principle on certain aspects of a deal with Casey Wells, the Convention Center Authority's executive director, during a meeting Tuesday.

They are working on at least a two-year lease, Bassin said. Bassin said he hopes to have the complete lease done in principle in the next two weeks. Wells wasn't immediately available for comment.

"We have work to do," Bassin said.

I love how they phrase a two-year lease as 'multi-year'... :lol:

It would seem that this team is destined to go to Hamilton in 2014-15 when the arena situation is a little clearer...

tigercatssignature-1.png

Bassin, Erie Otters managing partner and general manager, confirmed Wednesday he has moved closer to finalizing a new multi-year Tullio Arena lease with the Erie County Convention Center Authority.

"I'd like to think we're real close," Bassin said before the Otters' 10-6 loss against Plymouth, which was played in front of 2,256 fans at Tullio Arena.

Bassin said he agreed in principle on certain aspects of a deal with Casey Wells, the Convention Center Authority's executive director, during a meeting Tuesday.

They are working on at least a two-year lease, Bassin said. Bassin said he hopes to have the complete lease done in principle in the next two weeks. Wells wasn't immediately available for comment.

It would seem that this team is destined to go to Hamilton in 2014-15 when the arena situation is a little clearer...

That or Brampton will move there before 2013-14.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

That or Brampton will move there before 2013-14.

What evidence do you have to prove that?

http://www.battalion...ule/year/2012/3

Average attendance: 1,903. Barely 40% of capacity. For a playoff team.

Oh, and Brampton was tied for the basement last year with - guess who - Erie.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Means nothing.

If the owner wants to keep the team around, which I know for a fact he does, he will. Just like they want to keep the team in Erie.

Means nothing.

If the owner wants to keep the team around, which I know for a fact he does, he will. Just like they want to keep the team in Erie.

A couple years ago the Battalion made the OHL Western Finals and I was able to get tickets at the Box Office 10 minutes before the game. Thank goodness they did manage to fill the place.

The Powerade Centre... is practically in Mississauga and maybe a 5-10 minute drive DOWN THE STREET from the Hershey Centre, home of the Mississauga St. Michaels Majors.

It's simply a terrible place to watch a hockey game.

And for the love of god, WHY did they make the seats purple?!?

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Means nothing.

A couple years ago the Battalion made the OHL Western Finals and I was able to get tickets at the Box Office 10 minutes before the game. Thank goodness they did manage to fill the place.

The Powerade Centre... is practically in Mississauga and maybe a 5-10 minute drive DOWN THE STREET from the Hershey Centre, home of the Mississauga St. Michaels Majors.

It's simply a terrible place to watch a hockey game.

And for the love of god, WHY did they make the seats purple?!?

Lol...that's the question that has been asked for years. Why purple? I don't think anyone knows.

Archived