Lights Out's NHL Series

Lights Out

LA's third would work as a warm-up jersey if the Clippers ever win anything, but the only time the Clippers can win the championship while the Kings are still playing is if they're deep in the playoffs, where (hopefully) they wouldn't do a stupid gimmick like that.

Also, if the Kings' road jersey is yellow, why does Nashville need a white road this season?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the Kings' Clipper jersey: Because the color scheme is so different, it ideally wouldn't be worn very often. I'm thinking they'd only wear it on two occasions: when the Kings and Clippers have home games on the same day (like, for example, January 7th of this year, when the Kings played the Coyotes and the Clippers played the Bucks, both at Staples), and on special Clippers promotional nights. I just thought it would be cool for the Kings to give a shoutout to the Clippers' growing fanbase.

But mostly, the Kings would wear their regular purple jersey at home, and their regular yellow jersey on the road.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

My issue with the Lightning, Bruins, Flyers, Caps, and Oilers is that the colours look oddly muted, like they went through some sort of desaturation filter. As black and orange were the colours of my high school, and black has always been my favourite colour/shade/whatever, I don't like the switch to purple for Philly.

However,

The Kings pop with that refresh.

The Blues are decidedly different. I like what you've done with them.

Here's the next team.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS

re5vW.png

y5ra7.png

6c45n.png

I kept the current navy and green, but as I felt the current scheme was lacking another color, I brought back the light blue from the pre-Edge uniforms. The primary sweaters feature a sublimated "Flying V" with the skating Johnny logo, and sleeve trim meant to form V shapes. However, the alternate sweater is the one I like the best out of the three. The stick-in-rink is used as the crest, and the striping is based on it.

xLmjWVv.png

LOVE the subliminated V. You've actually managed to tie a lot of different eras of Canucks hockey together and that's not easy to do considering the schizophrenic shifts of logos and colors throughout their history.

I have two more teams done.

CALGARY FLAMES

lSBg3.png

JZ6Dc.png

TKJjp.png

On the normal home and roads, I used a shadow flame pattern on the sides, and a simple curved sleeve stripe. On the third, I ditched the side flames and used a curved hem stripe to match the sleeves. Note the unique assistant captain patch, taken from their script.

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS

c53YS.png

WdkE9.png

For the Penguins, I just brought back the old triangular template, except with the classic Penguins colors and the far-superior "RoboPen" logo. The white parts on the black sweater are supposed to have a metallic "sheen" to them, as a nod to the '90s gradient sweater.

I've now posted all the teams I had been working on for the past month or so, and now I'll get started on the rest of the league, so don't be surprised if I don't update this thread with new concepts for a while.

xLmjWVv.png

I love the home and road on Vancouver set bet I don't really like the alt as much as I do the home and road. I think if the blue was darker on the alternate it would be better. But that just me.

EDIT: The Flames and Pens are beautiful.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

TB: add some white

Boston: looks alright, but you should play around with there original jerseys.

Philly: nice! i am a fan of purple, but as an accent colour only!

Caps: near perfection.the colours and jerseys work here, but the weagle shouldn't ever be used as a main logo.

Oilers: NO NO NO! that logo is awful. use there actual one or the old gear alternate one.

Kings: Yes! i love these. they are 100%ly awesome! but the alt should be a white jersey.

Blues: creativity works here for the better. the idea makes me think penguins, but it works for the blues. maybe change the alt to a jersey that reflects there past better.

Canucks: remove the gradient V.

Flames: works, but make flames red or black.

Penguins: would like too see an alt here, but great work.

overall; im giving you a 6.5/10.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Archived