Lights Out's NHL Series

Lights Out

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rarely comment on concepts anymore (a lot of them just feel like recolors/minor changes), but I felt like I should here. Nice work, LO. You may be stretching the "norms" of what the NHL looks like, but I'm okay with it. Sure, a lot of the teams you've done so far would probably take their team looks in another direction, but I like the originality and creativity I'm seeing here-- pretty much more than I've seen out of a lot of the other NHL threads combined.

Keep it up, this is an interesting series!

A lot of your execution suffers because you use too many colors, and incorporate more colors than are needed or desirable into small areas like numeral and logo trim, stripes, etc. It makes much of your final products here look unnecessarily muddy and cluttered. You'd get a much crisper result if you pared your color schemes down to two or three colors, and used the colors in bolder ways as opposed to just throwing two colored outlines on everything and calling it a day. You have some great ideas, and the execution of those ideas should be confident and bold. If you want an outline, make it substantial, and keep it one color. Don't be afraid of one-color logos or numerals, either. They often work better than multi-colored designs and are much more versatile.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Yeah... after looking closely at my concepts, you're right... I've been overdoing it on the outlines lately. These next two concepts only use single outlines on the numbers.

ANAHEIM DUCKS

anaheim1.png

anaheim2.png

anaheim3.png

(Yes, these are supposed to look like their old thirds... I was trying to update those, really.)

NEW YORK RANGERS

rangers1.png

rangers2.png

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

What I'd say for the first teams has already been said, so I'll just comment on the new stuff:

That is flat out exactly what the Penguins should wear (BUT ditch the gradient on the numbers). Bravo.

The Leafs are obviously a traditional team, but as a concept, this looks good.

The silver is unnecessary and the logo is too big.

I'm really digging the creativity behind Vancouver (the incorporation of the "V" and sticks into the striping) and St. Louis (the guitar strings).

Oh, and isn't it supposed the be CCM? Why the RBK logo on the backs of the necks? :P

Because they're the same company. It's just a different cut.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Ana: nice logo! OK

NYR`: love the stripes. Some white is missing maybe

Addition: Your duck logo is fun, cartoony, but the jersey is very classy. I feel its a bit contradictory. I would make a agressive jersey, not sort of classy of almost fashion, something that fits the caracter of your logo, something BING BANG.

Like, would the Charlestown Chiefs logo would look good in the Montreal Canadiens jersey?

I feel the jersey should fit the logo caracteristics.

You got the talent. Don't know if others think the same.

Ducks looks great. Was never a fan of the original jersey it's based on due to the reflective materials but here it works.

Rangers is very nice, reminds me of the shoulder logos from the Liberty Head jersey.

I love your style, great jersey designs. I really like the Vancouver and St. Louis ones would be my favorites. I don't like the Bruins concept because it looks very weak within the lines and the logo also looks weak especially when compared to the bolder new one. The Rangers ones are nice, would never replace what they have now but good for alternates. I'd add a little more red on the Rangers home jersey.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

I've thought your ideas were a bit too outside-of-the box, but both look fantastic. All the Phoenix jersey needs is a purple outline on the numbers. I also agree with DP about the Sens.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived