Super Bowl 47-50 Logo

Nintendogmaster

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would they scrap the Roman Numerals at 50? Because it's just one letter (L)? Superbowl 10 was just "X" was it not?

SB50.jpg?noCache=1330310403

Cause that does not look good at all with there new system

Mark my words, they will scrap the logo system by the time Super Bowl L rolls around.

I think they'll maintain a continual logo system, but modified slightly to work with the new L continuity. Chances are they're going to do something special with the 50th Super Bowl logo and continue the repetitive logos from there whether they actually call it Super Bowl L or not. They probably won't look the same as the current Super Bowl logos but will fulfill the same purpose.

I love the ideas of the Lombardi Trophy as part of a stylized "L" and making said trophy gold.

How about a 2- or 3-D silhouette of the Lombardi cut inside the vertical portion of the letter (in a font that would accommodate it) as the primary element of a Super Bowl L logo?

[447]

One thing that I noticed this year that I didn't see in North Texas or Indianapolis was a "secondary" logo that was more along the lines of what we used to see with Super Bowl Logos. If they would go to using these logos again for merchandise and decoration on the stadium and then stuck with the silver, standardized logo on the ball, field, jerseys and pylons then I could live with it.

86068.jpg?zm=1600,1600,1,0,0

gYH2mW9.png

I have a feeling this "modern" blan logo style is done. Seeing as Super Bowl XLVIII will be the first championship to be played in an outdoor cold climate the NFL will make a logo a little more memorable to commemorate the unique occasion.

thenorhsidebanner_zps53ed42b3.jpg

WinterClassicbanner_zpsf827be70.png

Why would they scrap the Roman Numerals at 50? Because it's just one letter (L)? Superbowl 10 was just "X" was it not?

That's not the problem.

I think the issue is with the fact that the letter "L" is asymmetrical. "X" is a much stronger standalone character.

I personally would like to see something out of the box to celebrate the 50th Super Bowl.

Something simple, yet celebratory.

I think stylized text would work wonders.

Formatted something like this:

THE FIFTIETH

SUPER BOWL

AFC.png vs. nfc.gif

Now add some ribbons and call it a day :)

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

One thing that I noticed this year that I didn't see in North Texas or Indianapolis was a "secondary" logo that was more along the lines of what we used to see with Super Bowl Logos. If they would go to using these logos again for merchandise and decoration on the stadium and then stuck with the silver, standardized logo on the ball, field, jerseys and pylons then I could live with it.

They actually did it last year too. I think we just saw more of this year's logo then last years. I like this too as well as adding the stadium behind the standard trophy logo as well.

sb46-logo-bg.png?m=1341371583g

3.jpgsuperbowl2012.png23-23136-Y.jpg

Also Superbowl L (50) will have the 49ers new Santa Clara Stadium or the Dolphins stadium behind it. They are the two finalists for that SB. It will not be in LA. Although that would be a nice touch seeing as the first SB was there. But it would also be fitting to have the 50th (Gold Anniversary) Super Bowl in the Bay Area as well.

griffsuper1025.jpg

121218_SBHost.jpg

They actually did it last year too. I think we just saw more of this year's logo then last years. I like this too as well as adding the stadium behind the standard trophy logo as well.

sb46-logo-bg.png?m=1341371583g

3.jpgsuperbowl2012.png23-23136-Y.jpg

That's it. I remember seeing this logo but, for some odd reason, was having difficulty finding it. I don't think they did anything like this for the North Texas SB (but I could be wrong).

gYH2mW9.png

Also Superbowl L (50) will have the 49ers new Santa Clara Stadium or the Dolphins stadium behind it. They are the two finalists for that SB. It will not be in LA. Although that would be a nice touch seeing as the first SB was there. But it would also be fitting to have the 50th (Gold Anniversary) Super Bowl in the Bay Area as well.

griffsuper1025.jpg

121218_SBHost.jpg

Too bad the stadium was not ready for Super Bowl XLIX

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That's it. I remember seeing this logo but, for some odd reason, was having difficulty finding it. I don't think they did anything like this for the North Texas SB (but I could be wrong).

I'm pretty sure they did have one. It was kept on the superbowl website. But I can only find this years site and last years site. It's driving me crazy. I want to ignore the copycat system and just think of the secondary logos.

So if anyone happens to have it can they pass it along. Want to save it

8446634828_707f99d9d1_m.jpg8445545539_b2fb401b18_m.jpg (these really should be placed on main site, since they are official and don't won't them to be forgotten)

Maybe it was around the lines of this outlined one

nfc-super-bowl-xlv-signature-gridiron-photo-d-20110125130644297~6339817w.jpg

Also the reason for the gold logo one above came from the fact if you make it to Super Bowl L in Madden it has something like this for that one

SuperBowlL.png

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

I have a feeling this "modern" blan logo style is done. Seeing as Super Bowl XLVIII will be the first championship to be played in an outdoor cold climate the NFL will make a logo a little more memorable to commemorate the unique occasion.

I'll keep my fingers crossed on that one, but I wont hold my breath...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived