Houston Astros Concept

speedy

Those all look nice. Is the team still going to be the Astros in a year?

Yeah they will be, it's pretty much official.

I threw these on the Astros board to get some feedback from the actual fan base. They asked for more blue and less orange and a few tweaks to the jerseys so I'll post a few updates based on their suggestions at some point today.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd consider using a sans serif font for the wordmarks. When I see serifs, I think of the word standing still with my eye scrolling over it. This clashes with the whole shooting star "motion" thing. I think a slightly customized sans font possibly with the slightest of italics (like the Steelers futura numbers, or maybe more square like the Texans font) would work better. The cap H wouldn't match but I think there's a historical precedent for that so whatev.

Also, there's nothing wrong with the racing stripe. I think it could even be thicker without looking '80s or tacky.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd consider using a sans serif font for the wordmarks. When I see serifs, I think of the word standing still with my eye scrolling over it. This clashes with the whole shooting star "motion" thing. I think a slightly customized sans font possibly with the slightest of italics (like the Steelers futura numbers, or maybe more square like the Texans font) would work better. The cap H wouldn't match but I think there's a historical precedent for that so whatev.

Also, there's nothing wrong with the racing stripe. I think it could even be thicker without looking '80s or tacky.

I do agree that the cap H could differentiate itself from a non-matching script due to precedence, but I have a huge OCD problem about cap font and jersey font matching. I would like to give a few different fonts a try and see what works best so I'll definitely be doing that in an upcoming update. Appreciate the feedback BBTV.

Going off some suggestions on the Astros board here's a slight update. Not saying this is the direction I'm heading, but something worth looking at none the less.

Darker blue and a more vibrant orange, as well as updated racing stripes.

AstrosUpdateLogo-1.png

AstrosUpdateUniforms-1.png

FAKE EDIT: I know that's a crude jersey mockup but I wanted to try it on a real world application. Bare with me. A

The logo is a good start but its getting a bit stagnant for me. Almost along the lines of the A's, Padres, Rangers. Circle/baseball/hat logo.

I think there can be more. Also the word baseball club is way too big. Its overpowering Houston Astros which should be the main component.

As for the unis I like the different stripes up top but not feeling the star into the letters. The trail gets lost.

Think about losing the white in between the trail on the gray uni.

one more change: make the player names on the blue alternate orange. That way for all unis, the player name color will match up with the color of the shooting star.

Interesting observation. I hadn't planned, nor noticed that the names match up with the color of the star. I like it though, good suggestion.

I love the H-Star logo and feel it should be iconic for the Astros. The fact that it is front and center here is superb and sharp. The roundel logo in your 2/28 update is by far my favorite. It feels like an oil company logo, like Texaco or something, which is a nod to Houston's oil history.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

This is a concept that is just really great. Its hard to find work like this around here these days, so I wanted to just say great work! I think the new colors look better because it makes it pop more, but other then that this set is flawless.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Thanks Mike!

Updated the script a bit since a few people weren't too happy with it. Yeah, yeah, I know it's a modified Agency; but I think it works for the retro-modern approach. Upgrade or downgrade?

Updated.png

This is one of the best re-designs I have ever seen. I really love when someone adds "____ Club" on their logos. It makes them look professional and has always been appealing to me.

I could not possibly disagree with you more - even if you said that 2+2=5.

Archived