Houston Astros Concept

speedy

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Had a little free time so I've tweaked a few things. I got rid of the racing stripes which were pretty much love it or hate it, also made the uniforms very navy heavy based on reactions from Astros fans.

AstrosNewLogos.png

AstrosNewJerseys.png

Beautiful. But what I would change:

- Remove the white outlines on the road. Like with the Tigers, they're unnecessary.

- While mentioning the Tigers, I'd maybe change the number font from varsity block to something else. Since it is what the Tigers use and with the same coloring.

I don't know about 2 sleeve patches, but that's not a big deal and more to personal preference. And another personal preference of mine that really doesn't need to be change by you, is that I would remove the piping from the sleeves and leave it solely on the pants. Outside of the rainbow era, the Astros have always had a plain jersey with pants that have a single stripe of piping. Just seems to be their thing. It's like that on the current roads and plain white home alts.

Awesome work.

It sounds cheesy but if this concept was real life, the American league patch would only be worn in 2013 then removed. I definitely get the roadies looking very Detroit-ish, I tried it without a white outline but the orange star gets lost in the grey; changing the numbers is probably the best solution. As the the piping on the sleeves, I'll be honest, I never knew about the 'Stros lack of implementing it. Nice find, I'm sure these jerseys could hold up without it I'll give it a try.

Archived