VGFL - Video Game Football League

GatorHunter

I got this idea from a thread about a vintage video game hockey league

I was thinking of setting it up in the same format as the NFL, 2 conferences, 4 divisions in each conference, and 4 teams per division.

What I'm trying to do is find the most famous games that is either for the specific games system or started on a specific game system before branching out to the others.

The ones I have so far I already have a idea what I'm going to do, just need to fill in some of the blanks.

I may have some in the wrong places, but this is what I have so far:

Classic Conference

• Atari Division
    • Pacman
    • Space Invaders
    • Missile Command
    • Centipede

[*]NES Division

• Final Fantasy
    • Mega Man
    • Castlevania

[*]Sega Division

• Sonic the Hedgehog
    • Bomberman
    • Dragoon Force

[*]Arcade Division

• Donkey Kong
    • Galaga
    • Street Fighter
    • Asteroids

Modern Conference

• XBOX Division
    • Halo
    • Rainbow Six
    • Modern Warfare
    • Gears of War

[*]Wii Division

• Metroid
    • Mario Bro.
    • Zelda

[*]PS Division

• Grand Theft Auto
    • Metal Gear Solid
    • Uncharted

[*]PC Division

• World of Warcraft
    • Half-Life
    • Portal

t8ojkk.jpg24fhb3a.pngopr7er.png23tfsx.png

PS- Uncharted

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

PS: Red Dead Redemption. Not an exclusive, but you need to finish it out.

I too second Portal for PC. But if we add anymore Valve games, we might as well change the PC conference to the Valve conference.

For the Wii, perhaps MadWorld or House of the Dead: Overkill? Maybe No More Heroes?

I'd put Modern Warfare under XBOX. Maybe Mario Kart, Mario Party, and Zelda under Wii?

I second that as well.

spacer.png

Playstation should have Kingdom Hearts.

NES should have Final Fantasy.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Wii or NES should have sonic or kirby. another one for NES is duck hunt.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Bummer, I was hoping for a classic PC conference. Featuring the likes of these:

Commander Keen

22695-85130-keenJPG-550x.jpg

Jazz Jackrabbit

Jazz_Jackrabbit.jpg

Skyroads

skyr1.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Are you kidding about Sonic?

yee. but then again, he has been in a bunch of nintendo games.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Are you kidding about Sonic?

yee. but then again, he has been in a bunch of nintendo games.

He's been in a few crappy Wii games, like Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games. Not much else with the plumber.

spacer.png

Archived